This is a multi-disciplinary role that will require the successful candidate to take on numerous diverse responsibilities and will necessitate close partnership with senior business and technology managers. The position is aimed at someone with strong business intelligence, business/data analysis and technology tool experience. The person taking on this role will be a self-starter, capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
The responsibilities will be to:
• Define business processes and data flows/analysis. Produce related system and process documentation.
• Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for data warehouse and Business Intelligence (BI) development in conjunction with end users and other stakeholders.
• Provide consulting to users and developers on how to effectively design and deploy BI solutions plus ad-hoc reporting needs from users.
• Identify, evaluate and/or implement software products in support of business functions/needs (i.e. desktop tools).
• Perform business analysis; assess the scope and impact of system, dependencies and process changes.
• Facilitate design review sessions with technology and business teams.
• Demonstrations of new tools and/or functionality to business and technology users.
• Design test plans and test cases.
• Project Manage data warehouse/database efforts.
• 7+ years of experience in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) experience
• 7+ years prior experience programming in one or a combination of the following: SQL, Oracle, SAS or similar programming language, with a deep understanding of enterprise systems and large relational databases.
• 7+ years of experience with data analysis and documentation
• 5+ years of risk reporting and analytics experience
• 5+ years of data management experience including data modelling, data integrity and data quality
• 5+ years of experience creating executive level dashboards and reports using advanced visualization tools
• 5+ years of experience gathering business requirements from various sources including end-users and stakeholders
• 4 year degree in Computer Science/MIS/Quantitative Finance/or related program
• The ability to effectively communicate within a multi-disciplined team, across multiple locations and time zones, and to interact with demanding business users.
• A flexible, hardworking and "can do" attitude; comfortable working in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
• Established systems background experience with effective exposure to Oracle, Teradata, SQL, UNIX, or similar environments.
• Experience designing and developing business intelligence or data analytics applications using tools
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills (Macros, VBA, Pivot Tables/Charts)
• 4+ years of ETL, data warehouse and data analytics delivery experience on internal or external cloud platforms
• Experience with Tableau and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
• Experience using business knowledge and critical thinking skills to deliver upstream and downstream project impacts
• Strong knowledge of the technical requirements needed to properly support Tableau in a large organization
• Intermediate to Advanced experience in Tableau data visualization toolset as a developer
• Knowledge in data lineage and related metadata tools (Adaptive, MetaCenter)
• Software evaluation/testing experience
• Experience with Agile SDLC methodologies.
• Project management experience
• Experience working with vendors/software suppliers
• Exposure to Java, C++, Python scripting.
Enterprise Role Overview
Responsible for performing data management, complex analysis, and modeling that maximizes profits and asset growth and minimizes credit and operating losses and other risk exposures. Provides data / IM, analytical support on various product strategies to ensure company goals are met. Coordinates the production of databases, performance reports for senior mgt. Manages the review and analysis of trends in current population distributions and recommends strategies. Directs the development of more complex databases, program models to extract data and use databases to provide statistical and financial modeling. Oversees the data design, analysis of portfolio trends, concerning credit score cutoffs, loss trends, portfolio dynamics, and bureau scoring criteria. Integrates the analysis team with other corporate units to insure alignment of analysis with business strategies and objectives. Responsible for hiring and training Risk Analysis Specialist and Risk Analysis Analyst. PhD, Master's degree, or large data experience preferred; Programming experience like SQL, SAS preferred; 7+ years experience.
Posting Date: 08/02/2019
Charlotte, NC, BANK OF AMERICA PLAZA, 101 S TRYON ST,
- United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift