The Risk Analyst role supports processesand reporting related to the identification, management and monitoring of risk. The position is responsible for the review andanalysis of risk data, including liquidity risk statistics, to facilitate themeasurement, tracking and reporting of material risks throughout theorganization.
Essential Job Duties &Responsibilities
- Contributes to business unitlevel development and implementation of risk management processes (e.g. RiskControl Assessments, Key Indicators, Scenario Analysis and Internal Incident Management),in line with the Group-wide and North American Operational Risk Policy andrelated standards.
- Monitors daily alerts and prepares periodic reports for the LiquidityRisk Management Program.
- Prepares reports supporting the Derivative & Counterpartyoversight process.
- Prepares reports or assessmentssupporting Group or Jackson risk framework and other management informationrequests.
- Compiles key risk indicator data, supportingthe completeness and quality of operational risk data originating from JNAM teams,committees and working groups.
- Tracks remediation of internal eventsand incidents, near misses, and other errors.
- Maintains JNAM’s Key Risk Indicator list, Key Risk Heatmap and KeyRisk Register.
- Organizes risk-themed reviews,including ensuring outcomes are aligned with business management’s Risk ControlAssessments.
- Partners with Sub-Adviser Oversight and Compliance staff to researchany sub-adviser risk-related issues, as applicable.
- Prepares risk reports associated with internally managed funds.
- Develops organizational safeguards against risks, such asadditional technology or risk mitigation protocols.
- Researches corporate and industry best practices and implements,as necessary.
- Collaborates with the Risk Manager as necessary on any riskdepartment initiatives.
- Participates in any additional assigned risk related projects,papers and work, and meets deadlines with complete and accurate work productsprovided for assigned tasks.
- Other duties as assigned
- General knowledge ofinvestment advisory and fund administration operations.
- Basic understanding of riskmanagement principles, processes, and practices.
- Analytical and problem-solvingskills. Ability to analyze problems and identify trends in data.
- Detail-oriented, with strongorganizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with abilityto effectively communicate the status of assigned work.
- Ability to maintain effective internaland external client relationships.
- Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Strong written and verbal communicationskills.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or relatedfield required
- 2 years of asset management or related industryexperience preferred.
- Experiencewith MSCI RiskMetrics, FIS InvestOne or Bloomberg preferred.