Risk Analyst, ERM Analytics(
Never settle for less. The Chubb Group of Companies (Chubb Group) provides insurance and reinsurance for a diverse group of clients around the world. Chubb Group offers a broad array of sophisticated property, casualty, accident and health, and financial products, and risk management services to corporate and consumer clients across the U.S.
Chubb Group is dedicated to recruiting and developing talented individuals with the knowledge, ability and desire for success. With our strong capital base, financial stability, diversified earnings stream and multinational operating platform, we offer an excellent opportunity for your future growth and development.
The position will be based in Philadelphia and will be part of the Enterprise Risk Unit (ERU) that provides support to Chubb Group. The ERU is part of the Corporate Actuarial and Risk Management group under the overall direction of the Chubb Group Chief Risk Officer, who also serves as Chubb’s Chief Digital Officer.
The candidate will be responsible for several quarterly and annual deliverables for product boards, which comprises business unit leadership, and risk committees including the Risk and Underwriting Committee, which comprises Chubb’s CEO and several senior executives. Other tasks require research and development and may have project timelines that span months. There will also be ad hoc requests by management that are of an immediate nature. At any one time multiple projects may be ongoing, so the ability to shift focus quickly from one project to another is necessary. Projects often involve extensive data analysis and modeling, and success requires a combination of strong technical skills and the ability to identify business implications of results. The senior management audience for deliverables implies requirement of a strong commitment to quality, ownership of results, and the ability to work at a strong pace to meet often tight timelines.
Responsibilities will include:
- Production of ERM’s risk accumulation analyses, reports, and presentations to the various product boards and risk committees;
- Preparation of various ERM analyses including emerging risk, stress scenario, competitor analysis, rating agency presentations, etc;
- Preparation of Own Risk and Solvency Assessment for both internal management and regulatory filings at the Chubb group and / or legal entity level; and
- Assisting with maintenance and enhancements of ERM’s global exposure database.
- Up to five years of insurance industry experience;
- Strong analytical skills including understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word required (including VBA macro skills and knowledge of data arrays and pivot tables), other MS Office applications (Access), and/or SQL a plus;
- Detail oriented with ability to manage complex processes to successfully complete projects and meet required deadlines;
- Experience with the following technologies: R or Python, SQL, Linux, HTML/CSS
- Strong communication skills with the ability to provide clear and concise verbal and written responses or reports of analyses, results, and work products;
- Should have good organization skills and be able to maintain good documentation and record keeping;
- Strong business acumen essential; experience with corporate finance functions is a plus; and
- Attainment of any one of the following professional designations is a plus: ASA, ACAS, CPCU, CFA, MBA or MS Finance.
Philadelphia - 436 Walnut St