Role: Risk Analyst - Sales Operations
This is a full time position for local D/M/V candidates only. This onsite position will be located at our home office in Bethesda, MD.
About Our Company:
Itâ€™s not just a job. Itâ€™s a mission. If youâ€™re as passionate as we are about empowering the small businesses of America, then youâ€™ll be right at home with us.
Rapid Finance is the nation's leading provider of alternative financing solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. When traditional sources of funding are beyond reach, we open doors for small business owners. By providing access to working capital, Rapid Finance helps growing businesses achieve their goals and reach even higher.
Our company is expanding. We are actively investing in our team members and technology to create a best-in-class experience for our customers. Let us invest in you.
Rapid Finance is Ranked in The Washington Post Top Work Places for 2020!
About the Opportunity:
Rapid Finance's Risk Operations team is becoming more and more complex, and we are seeking an experienced, bright and motivated individual who can immediately begin to contribute to our Risk Operations Analytics function. This role will focus on driving performance wins for our Risk team, including building reporting to track team performance, optimization of associate incentives, development of models to drive work prioritization, and conducting valuations for portfolio acquisition opportunities.
The work generated by this role and the team will be visible to a number of teams. There will be considerable interaction with the Credit, Finance, and Technology teams along with regular interaction with the Executive team. As such, and despite this being a heavily quantitative role, strong communication skills are a must.
The Risk Operations Analyst will report to the Vice President of Credit and Analysis, and will be located at our home office in Bethesda, Maryland. Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Analyze client performance data, including credit attributes, account usage and payment behavior, and efficacy of servicing strategy to optimize the efforts of our Risk Operations team
- Support model development and implementation
- Deliver analysis to support work strategy updates which drive team performance
- Create and oversee tools that will illuminate the characteristics and trends in the portfolio
- Work closely with the technology team to analyze the data environment, support the addition of new data sources, and implement decision models
This position will be located at our corporate headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland.
The Disclaimer: This â€œAbout the Opportunityâ€ section is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can change, be added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified by a variety of similar adjectives at any time by the leadership team.
- You donâ€™t wait around for answers â€“ you go and find them.
- You possess outstanding quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You can thrive in dynamic environments that require balancing competing priorities, meeting critical deadlines and adapting to change.
- You are an Excel guru and are comfortable with the full range of advanced functions for the sake of model building and data culling.
- You produce a work product that is comprehensive, formatted for an executive audience, reflects appropriate messaging and uses correct grammar and punctuation.
- You can communicate clearly, concisely and with impact â€“ both one-on-one and presenting to small groups.
- You possess a Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a comparable field (or possess equivalent experience).
- You have experience, preferably in the lending or credit card industry in an analytical or quantitative finance function.
- You have had some exposure to one or more of the following tools:
- Report Writing: Tableau, SAP BI, Crystal Reports, QlikView, or similar
- Statistical Modeling: SAS, R, Python or similar
- Presentation & Workflow: PowerPoint, Prezi, Visio or similar
Sound like you? Youâ€™ll be a serious contender if:
- You have a Masterâ€™s degree in Applied Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics or a similar quantitative discipline.
- You have an understanding of SQL (or similar RDBMS languages).
- You are adaptable. You can be flexible and enjoy working in a fun & exciting team environment. Expect a fast pace, energy and the occasional flying ping pong ball.
- You want to make an impact. We are a rapidly growing business, and you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our clients, our culture, and our future.
- You share our passion for the small businesses of America and have a desire to be part of something bigger than yourself.
Why Rapid Finance?
Rapid Finance seeks the best and brightest. To us, finding and keeping A-talent is as important as closing a million-dollar deal. Thatâ€™s just one of the reasons why we have been so successful, growing at a high rate every year.
Our team benefits from a commuting or parking allowance, employer-matched 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more. Just steps from the metro, our beautiful new office includes a modern open floor plan, free on-site fitness center, a gaming area, stocked kitchen, and other cool amenities.
Powered by JazzHR