Identify key business processes, performs evaluations of risk, assesses effectiveness of controls and promotes continuous improvement across the organization through deployment of risk response activities.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures strategic objectives of risk management program are met including execution of risk assessment activities, coordination of risk response and program testing and validation.
• Reviews significant events and advises business owners of action steps required to prevent future recurrence.
• Performs risk assessments related to the Data Protection, Supplier Management and Enterprise Risk Management programs as well as other consulting projects throughout various risk disciplines while identifying potential issues, control gaps and potential process efficiencies.
• Documents risk analysis and controls and evaluates control design and continuous control improvement.
• Manages specific areas of exposure.
• Conducts regulatory and other assessments for the Corporation.
• Participates in projects designed to mitigate risks including generating action plans for issues/gaps.
• Tracks, coordinates and resolves issues identified in any and all related control, compliance or risk work.
• Develops and maintains knowledge of regulatory requirements.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Strong analytical, organizational and communications skills required as well as outstanding interpersonal and human relation skills
• Project-oriented and may require a significant amount of overtime at critical times
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, clients and public
Expert professional role requiring extensive knowledge of the business. Works independently with only administrative supervision on highly complex projects with extensive latitude for independent judgment. Expected to be primary mentor for others on staff and is a role model for rest of team providing direction and training when requested. Effectively communicates with all levels of personnel. Ability to provide communication on issues or complex information to a wide audience based on knowledge. Educates and trains all levels of staff and business associates about the risk management program and their respective responsibilities in carrying out program provisions. Investigates and analyzes root causes, patterns, or trends that could result in a negative impact to the organization. Identifies required control activities or process enhancements and assists in the development of cross functional programs to create efficiencies for the management and mitigation of risk. Coordinates all phases of multiple risk related projects which may include risk assessment, risk mitigation, and regulator or industry based audits. Participates as a senior member of the team in strategic planning and direction. Develops, documents and implements standards, guidelines, direction and Education on process/procedures for staff. Ensures the protection of corporate assets and client provided consumer information and advises management on the relative advantages/disadvantages of various courses of action to mitigate identified risks. Assigned to the most highly visible, sensitive and critical issues.
Typically requires a minimum of three years of experience in risk management, audit or business process ownership. Typically requires a minimum of three years of experience in risk management, audit or business process ownership.
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here:www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.