With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be recognized as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation for 2016. The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® competition identifies and honors organizations that display a commitment to excellence in their human resource practices and employee enrichment based on categories such as communication, work-life balance, employee education, diversity, recognition, retention and more.
CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 3,000 professionals in our Financial Services division, we serve the country’s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services, while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
As an IT Audit Manager, you will be a key member of the CBIZ Risk and Advisory Team and participate in multiple engagements, with public and private company clients in the mid-market ($100 million to $2 billion) range. The majority of our clients are in the banking/finance, government agency, healthcare, service, manufacturing, and real estate industries.
Our core service offerings include information technology internal audit, SSAE 16s, internal audit, and business process reviews. Heavy emphasis will be placed upon developing and executing annual IT audit plans, as well as documenting and testing IT processes. You will evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls; recognize any internal control weaknesses and lack of compliance with internal procedures and policies, which may result in inadequate, inefficient, or ineffective operations.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Responsible for preparation of audit reports that clearly and concisely communicate control issues, business impact, and management action plans
- Review system backup disaster recovery and maintenance procedures
- Design and implement new and enhanced controls
- Review of the work produced by junior level staff and the management of engagements is a critical part of this position
- Solid understanding of general computer controls
- Strong technical auditing background and/or including experience with auditing a mainframe environment
- Experience with Big 4 or Fortune 500 IT organizations is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to document control issues, business impact, and management action plans
- Ability to take on a business development role in the firm
- Knowledge of COBIT and COSO and Sarbanes Oxley legislation and impact, HIPAA, Safe Harbor Privacy Rules and other regulations
- Strong background in technical systems and environments
- CISA certification required, CISSP, CPA preferred
- Supervision of IT Staff Auditors (up to 2) may be required
- 25-50% travel required
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/Accounting or related discipline
- 6 years of combined IT technical and audit experience
- 3 years of experience in supervising staff
- Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
- Proficient use of applicable technology