The Risk and Loss Prevention Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Golden Pass in all risk management and loss prevention elements of the respective facilities. This individual will provide the following support to the Golden Pass Functions:
- Engineering: Function as SME/Administrator of the Golden Pass Management System for element 2-1 Risk Assessment and Management
- Operations: Provide day to day support for risk evaluation of facility operations and operating procedures evaluations.
- Maintenance: Facilitate risk review of maintenance system/procedure changes.
- Management of Change & Projects: Function as lead SME on all project/facility modification risk evaluations and formal reviews
- Safety & Environmental: Providing guidance to ensure operations comply with company policies and provide technical support for completion of Safety / Environmental calculations, studies, formal risk reviews.
- Management Reporting: Prepare quarterly/monthly Leadership team risk management dashboard reports (open / residual risk for all GPLNG functions)
1. Conduct/Facilitate/Coordinate Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) utilizing formal and informal methodologies (what if, HAZOP, Fault Tree, etc.)
2. Follow recommended mitigations/action resolution plans to completion.
3. Responsible for pulling together quarterly/monthly data and reporting for all management system related functions (project, business services, commercial, regulatory, and operations).
4. Support risk evaluations within procedure development process related to capital projects, and for temporary or new modes of operation.
5. Interact with and support Commercial Operations, Regulatory Affairs, and other departments as Risk and Loss Prevention SME, including supporting SHE and Regulatory compliance functions through conducting process calculations (flare volumes, etc.) as required. As well as supporting Operations, Maintenance, and Projects in ensuring facility modifications and adjustments comply with all applicable regulatory, industry, and company codes / specification.
6. Provides technical expertise on technologies and engineering calculations as it pertains to risk and loss prevention philosophy and program management.
7. SME for the interpretation and enforcement of Golden Pass and Industry Standards for: LNG Storage tank protection, Facility Citing/Spacing and layout requirements, Fireproofing and Cold Splash Protection, Relief system and flares including isolation and depressurizing, Escape, evacuation and rescue systems, Fire and gas detection, alarm and protection systems, Shutdown systems/SIL assignment, and High Integrity Pressure Protections Systems.
8. Support the MOC process and relevant function (Operations, Maintenance, etc.) in evaluation of the details of the change and completion of required analysis prior to implementation.
9. Coordinate with engineering contractors to complete detailed studies to finalize new opportunity scoping, failure analysis, etc. and monitor performance of these contractors and coordinate appropriate interfaces with Contractor and GP Leadership teams to address identified issues.
Minimum Education Requirements of the Position:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Petroleum or Safety Engineering
Minimum Experience required of the position:
- 10 years of related experience within an LNG terminal and/or petrochemical/gas/refining facility,
- 5 years in a loss prevention and risk management role or demonstrated aptitude in Operational Risk Management activities.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position:
- Formal certification and/or training in Risk Management and Loss Prevention engineering principles, theories, and concepts.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of loss prevention principles to facility equipment and hardware.
- Broad and extensive knowledge of Design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria.
- Strong leadership, influencing, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in an LNG export facility highly preferred
- Experience in leading Risk & Safety Analysis (HAZOPs, etc.)
- Contractor Interface & Management.
- Able to identify applicable industry and regulatory codes, interpret them, and apply them to projects and engineering analysis.
- Understand the principles of fluid flow, heat transfer, thermodynamics, and hydrocarbon process chemistry.
- Familiar with the hazards of hydrocarbon processes
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position:
- Must obtain TWIC Card upon employment
- Normal office environment, outside work required during project planning and throughout the execution phases of work
- Mostly office environment but as planning and execution dictates there may be walking long distance, potential for climbing ladders/stairs through plant, etc.
- Not all aspects of the job are covered by the description – may require “other duties as assigned.”
- Job may change over time in accordance with business needs.
- Job description does not guarantee employment
Loss Prevention / Asset Protection Specialist