FOUNDED IN 2003, Carrington has evolved from a mortgage credit asset manager into a vertically-integrated real estate and mortgage company with four business divisions: Asset Management, Mortgage Servicing and Origination, Property Logistics and Management and Real Estate Services. TOGETHER, the Carrington Family of Companies has the ability to direct a range of activities across the life cycle of single family residential assets. TODAY, Carrington seeks to deliver to investors and consumers a comprehensive set of products and investment opportunities in the single-family residential markets with the ability to execute immediately.
As a result of our continuing growth and success, Carrington Capital Management is seeking a Risk Management Analyst to join our team in Greenwich, CT!
The Risk Management Analyst will be responsible for shared oversight of the firm’s risk analytics and reporting. Perform operational risk identification and assessment across the Carrington family of companies and underlying business units. Assist with preparation and review of key risk indicators and reporting. Evaluate, solve or plan for risks that have the potential to impact day to day business operations.
What you'll do:
- Prepare, review and manage reporting specific to mortgage origination and servicing pipeline surveillance, providing month end synopsis to identify areas of degraded or improved performance
- Monitor compliance with company risk management policy and regulatory requirements applicable to mortgage originations, routine servicing and default servicing
- Assess financial, operational, regulatory and reputational risks
- Identify and analyze trends in the key risk indicators reported by Risk Management
- Work with business units to provide visibility around areas in need of risk mitigation enhancements
- Monitor the implementation of action plans targeted at preventing, mitigating and/or eliminating operational risks
- Interact regularly with the firm’s senior management teams in Connecticut and California
- Work to identify continuous improvement opportunities to aid further risk reduction
- Provide timely update of operational risk issues and decisions to managers
- Build additional ad hoc reporting as requested by management
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- One (1) or more years of interest rate hedging experience preferably in the mortgage industry.
- SQL Server database experience a plus.
- Advanced Excel proficiency (Pivot tables, V&H Lookup, VBA).
- Ability to interact with Senior Management as an advisor on projects, and to act as the company’s principal spokesperson in area of expertise.
- Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret complex statistical data and/or to develop forecasts and computer models.
- Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports, work-related manuals, publications of limited scope or impact, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.