Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) Staff (Emergency Department, Variable Shift, 0.9 Temporary FTE) to Providence Kodiak Medical Center in Kodiak, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Are you looking for a great work/life balance? How about the opportunity to venture out into the wilderness to hike, fish, hunt and just take in some scenic views of Kodiak Island, also known as “Emerald Isle” for its breathtaking vibrant landscape? Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center is the perfect destination for you! Rated #1 in the Providence System for patient satisfaction, PKIMC works closely with the interdisciplinary team to assure quality treatment and outcomes for the community we serve. And our caregivers (employees) enjoy being part of a team that works and lives with purpose while receiving ongoing training on cutting edge skills and career growth opportunities that come with being part of one of the largest not for profit health systems in the United States.
In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient’s care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- All Registered Nurses without a Bachelor's of Nursing (BSN) degree or higher must obtain a BSN within 3 years of hire. RNs with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multistate license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers upon hire
- Certifications required within 90 days of hire
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC)
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
- Sugar, Temperature, Airway, Blood pressure, Lab work, and Emotional support (STABLE) certification within 180 days of hire
- Minimum 1 year of ED nursing experience required.
- Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN)