Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Registered Nurse:
- The Access Center nurse receives and coordinates all urgent phone calls related to inpatient placement from UW Health providers and referring providers, hospitals and institutions for University Hospital and American Family Children’s Hospital. This may include arranging transportation on UW Med Flight or CHETA (Children’s Hospital Emergency Transport Ambulance). These services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Access nurses are the clinical liaison to centralize and simplify the process of providing the appropriate level of care for the patient.
- Access nurses ensure a multidisciplinary team approach where attending physicians, insurance coordinators, registered nurses, and case manager’s work to provide access for the best care of the patient and family.
Minimum – Graduate of baccalaureate, associate or diploma nursing school
Preferred – Baccalaureate degree in nursing
Minimum – Two (2) years relevant clinical registered nurse experience in acute care medical/surgical nursing.
Preferred – Recent experience in phone triage, phone processing, discharge planning or case management. Also preferred is previous work experience at UW Health.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum – Registration as a professional nurse in the State of Wisconsin.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Outstanding, demonstrated customer service with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to function with a high degree of independence.
- Ability to collaborate with other disciplines to provide care.
- Excellent interpersonal, group process, marketing and program development skills.
Sedentary: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
UW Health Administrative Facilities - UW Health has administrative locations throughout Madison and beyond where thousands of employees provide vital support to our clinical areas. These locations are home to departments such as Access Services, Compliance, Human Resources, Information Services, Patient Medical Records, Payroll and many others.
This is a Night position with eight (8) hour shifts. Weekend and holiday rotation required. Hours may vary based on operational needs of department.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.