PIH Health is a nonprofit regional healthcare delivery network founded over 50 years ago. Our two campuses including a 548-bed facility in Whittier and a 199-bed facility in Downey, help to provide services to approximately 1.5 million residents in Los Angeles, Orange County and the greater San Gabriel Valley.
Under the supervision of the Director of Care Management, this position is responsible for the coordination of transfers to PIH Health, emergency and direct admission as well as efficient bed control. Utilizes established criteria to ensure appropriateness of admission. Responsibilities include coordination with physicians, case managers, charge nurses, coordinators and hospital staff to promote effective utilization of hospital services and appropriate patient placement. The RN also performs utilization review by using criteria that demonstrates medical necessity to achieve reimbursement for services and ensuring appropriate utilization of hospital resources.
- Demonstrates sound decision making and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed ability to multi-task and maintain focus
- Proactive, can-do approach and desire to build positive working relationships through collaborative problem-solving
- Self-motivated and results oriented. Must be able to demonstrate sound decision making, flexibility and prioritization skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic computer skills; Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong Clinical background
- Maintain an active California RN license.
- Minimum of 4-5 years acute hospital nursing in a med/surg setting
- Proficiency with mainframe and personal computers.
- ED, CCC nursing experience.
- Knowledge of payer requirements and previous experience in case management or bed control
- ACM, CCM certification
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V