- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support staff during assigned shift. Contributes to performance evaluations of staff.
- Serves as a resource to the staff.
- Manages patient flow within assigned area.
- Provides support and coordination for patient emergencies.
- Opens and leads incident command for internal or external disasters until relieved by assigned administrative representative.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, developing and evaluating staff.
Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Two years' registered nurse experience, with demonstrated progressive leadership responsibility
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.