RN Assistant Director of Nursing - Long Term Care - Registered Nurse
Garden Valley Nursing and Rehab, a member of the CommuniCare Family of Healthcare Companies, seeks a highly experienced and dynamic RN for the position of Assistant Director of Nursing for our Long Term Care facility, located in the Kansas City, MO area. The ADON must have 3 - 5 years nursing supervisory experience, preferably in an LTC environment.
The position of Assistant Director of Nursing monitors and provides personal nursing care and leadership to the nursing staff to assure that care standards are met and the highest degree of quality resident care is provided for at all times. The position must function as both a team member, team leader, and supervisor to ensure that work is accomplished and quality care is delivered, supporting team members and leading the way in celebrating team successes. While assisting the DON with the planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operation of the Nursing Department, the position must also manage the resources within their control and assist others in managing resources.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- May assess the needs of new residents and inform staff of new resident arrivals.
- Make daily resident visits to observe and evaluate resident's physical and emotional status and revise care plan accordingly.
- Facility Clinical System Management and trending/tracking of outcomes
- Interact with medical staff, nursing staff, resident, family members, and other visitors regarding resident condition.
- Ensure that all resident care is provided in a dignified and respectful manner.
- Ensure that all nursing staff are knowledgeable of the residents' rights, and responsibilities.
- Make daily unit rounds to determine unit functioning and evaluate needs and concerns.
- Assist the clinical managers in monitoring completeness and appropriateness of nursing staff documentation.
- Assist in emergency situations involving the residents.
- Interact with nursing staff, residents, families and physicians.
- Assist the nursing department in dealing with resident/family concerns promptly.
- Function as a charge nurse if indicated
Our nurses enjoy a warm and friendly work environment, competitive wages, and PTO plans. We offer you a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental and vision coverage, from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
If you'd like to lead a world class team of nursing professionals, submit your letter of interest for confidential consideration!