- JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE
- The Registered Nurse (RN) is accountable for utilizing the nursing process to provide safe, age-appropriate, direct and indirect patient care, while practicing within the scope of practice of the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
- DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
- The Emergency Department provides care for patients with a wide variety of needs from non-critical to emergent medical conditions including emergent and urgent mental health care. All patients are welcome whether walking in or arriving by emergency transport. All Emergency Department staff are certified to care for critical cardiac and trauma patients including children.
- Current unencumbered Oregon RN license required.
- Healthcare Provider Level BLS required.
- AGH Emergency:
- ACLS, TNCC and ENPC/PALS required within six (6) months of hire.
- CEN preferred.
- Social Perceptiveness: Ability to work with a diverse population from pediatrics to geriatrics. Basic understanding of age-related differences in caring for and/or communicating with patients and caregivers. Possess personal sensitivity to the needs and experiences of others and a non-judgmental attitude towards persons of differing standards, values, lifestyles, and ages.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Ability to respond quickly and appropriately to situations that may arise with high risk or diverse patient populations. Ability to adjust actions in relation to others and adapt to offer best possible care to patients.
- Time Management: Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work to complete within required time frames and to follow-up on pending issues. Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in dynamic fast-paced environments and under pressure.
- Communication: Effective written and oral communication skills to explain complex issues, exchange information between team members, and tactfully discuss issues.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(1 - 10% of the time)
(11 - 33% of the time)
(34 - 66% of the time)
(67 – 100% of the time)
CLIMB - STAIRS
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 40 - 60 Lbs
LIFT (Waist to Eye: up to 54") 20 – 40 Lbs
SQUAT Static (hold >30 sec)
KNEEL (on knees)
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 20 - 40 Lbs
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Waist to Eye: up to 54") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Overhead: 54" and above) 0 - 20 Lbs
CARRY 1-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
CARRY 2-handed, 20 - 40 pounds
ROTATE TRUNK Sitting
REACH – Upward
PUSH (20-40 pounds force)
PULL (20-40 pounds force)
WALK - LEVEL SURFACE
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 0 - 20 Lbs
CARRY 2-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
BEND FORWARD at waist
ROTATE TRUNK Standing
REACH - Forward
MANUAL DEXTERITY Hands/wrists
PUSH (0-20 pounds force)
PULL (0-20 pounds force)