Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Registered Nurse to:
- Discuss, educate and coordinate next steps in care for patients who have been diagnosed with breast cancer or other breast conditions.
- Educate patients about various exams and procedures they will be receiving, such as biopsies.
- Aid patients in their understanding of different breast diagnoses and facilitate appropriate clinical care.
- Support providers while in clinic by prepping charts, placing orders, and coordinating other follow up care.
Minimum – Graduate of school of nursing
Preferred – Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Minimum – One (1) year of RN experience
Preferred – Relevant RN experience
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum – Registration as a registered nurse in the state where employed or licensure in a state in the licensure compact. CPR/BLS Certification.
Preferred – Applicable clinical certification.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience documenting patient care in an electronic medical record.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to make knowledgeable clinical assessments and judgements
- Ability to educate staff
- Ability to provide counseling and emotional support with compassion and respect for the individual
- Ability to provide support to the members of the care team (teamwork)
- Must possess initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of medical records
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
This is a full-time, 100% FTE position scheduled to work 40 hours per week. The scheduled shifts will be Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. No weekends, no holidays. Hours may vary based on the needs of the department.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.