We Are Hiring
Ambulatory Care Manager - Case Management 002 - Part-Time Night 24 Hours Weekly - Borgess Medical Center - Kalamazoo, MI
This position will work 7p-7a, and every 3rd weekend
Why Join Ascension?
Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region’s largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Ascension since 1999.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Borgess Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to coordinate the overall interdisciplinary plan of care for patient, from admission to discharge.
- Create plan for care across the continuum, integrating patient/family preferences and values.
- Monitor patient care through assessments, evaluations and/or patient records.
- Advocate for resources and removal of barriers.
- Maintain ongoing dialog with supervisor and other health providers to ensure effective implementation of health plan.
- Facilitate and coordinate the care delivered to an assigned group of patients through multidisciplinary, multi-agency and patient/family collaboration to ensure the delivery of cost effective quality care outcomes within various ambulatory care settings.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Utilization Review.
- Bachelor's degree in a health related field required or completion within one (1) year of start date.
- Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience in any setting is required.
- Experience/certification in utilization management, case management or focused discharge planning preferred.
- One (1) year experience in ambulatory care specialty (acute healthcare environment) is preferred.
- Current knowledge and experience working with Community resources and services; placement options, appropriate level of care(home care, rehab, and sub acute care, extended care facility), rule and regulations of third party reimbursement of or post hospital care/equipment is required.
- Current knowledge and experience working with third party payers regarding appropriate criteria for hospitalization of patients, pre-certification requirements, requirements by payer for special review types is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.