Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Pediatric Registered Nurse to:
- Provide therapeutic patient and family centered care.
- Establish goals and strategies for meeting care coordination needs across settings with the patient, family, and/or other care providers
Minimum - Graduate of school of nursing
Preferred - Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Minimum - One (1) year of RN experience
Preferred - Relevant RN experience
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - Registration as a registered nurse in the state where employed or licensure in a state in the licensure compact. CPR/BLS Certification.
Preferred - Applicable clinical certification
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience documenting patient care in an electronic medical record.
- Excellent verbal ,written, and presentation skills
- Ability to make knowledgeable clinical assessments and judgments
- Ability to educate staff
- Ability to provide counseling and emotional support with compassion and respect for the individual
- Ability to provide support to the members of the care team (teamwork)
- Must possess initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of medical records
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
90% FTE (36 hours per week). Monday through Friday. 8 hour shifts, varying between 8:00 am - 5:30 pm. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
UW Health Clinics - our physicians and staff are dedicated to providing an exceptional patient and family experience by delivering the highest quality of care in a compassionate environment. With more than 80 primary and specialty care clinics located throughout Dane County and the surrounding areas, we are proud to have the opportunity to impact the communities we serve.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.