Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Registered Nurse Lead to join our nursing care team:
- Be the link between nursing staff, providers, and patients.
- Coordinate nursing care for a Psychiatry clinic.
- Coordinate daily staffing needs and triaging patient calls as needed.
- Assist with the interpersonal interactions of clinic staff.
- Assist the Clinic Supervisor/Manager with the creation and implementation of workflows and special projects.
- Help to coordinate communication between internal and external departments.
Minimum - Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
Minimum - Two (2) years of RN experience.
Preferred - Three (3) years of RN experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - Registration as a registered nurse in the state where employed or licensure in a state in the licensure compact. CPR/BLS Certification.
Preferred - Applicable clinical certification.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience documenting patient care in an electronic medical record.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to make knowledgeable clinical assessments and judgments.
- Ability to educate staff.
- Ability to provide counseling and emotional support with compassion and respect for the individual.
- Ability to provide support to the members of the care team (teamwork).
- Must possess initiative and ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of medical records.
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting/and or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
This is a Day position with eight (8) hour shifts, Monday - Friday: 9:00AM-5:30PM. No weekends and no holiday rotation required. Hours may vary based on operational needs of department.
UW Health Clinics - our physicians and staff are dedicated to providing an exceptional patient and family experience by delivering the highest quality of care in a compassionate environment. With more than 80 primary and specialty care clinics located throughout Dane County and the surrounding areas, we are proud to have the opportunity to impact the communities we serve.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.