Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Registered Nurse to:
- Work with one of the industry’s leading Spine clinics!
- Perform clinic-style telephone and MyChart triage, as well as patient/family education.
- Be part of a team of world-class staff specializing in Spine and Sports Medicine, Foot & Ankle Surgery, Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery, Orthopedic Trauma, and Rehab Medicine.
Minimum - Graduate of school of nursing.
Preferred - Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
Minimum - One (1) year of RN experience.
Preferred - Relevant RN experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - Registration as a registered nurse in the state where employed or licensure in a state in the licensure compact. CPR/BLS Certification.
Preferred - Applicable clinical certification.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience documenting patient care in an electronic medical record.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to make knowledgeable clinical assessments and judgments.
- Ability to educate staff.
- Ability to provide counseling and emotional support with compassion and respect for the individual.
- Ability to provide support to the members of the care team (teamwork).
- Must possess initiative and ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of medical records.
Heavy: Ability to lift up to 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
This is a per-diem position, option 1B. This position requires working 8-hour shifts as needed Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Hours may vary based on the needs of the department.
UW Health Research Park Clinic - on Madison’s west side, is an 84,000-square foot facility housing physician and rehabilitation professionals in Cardiology, Integrative Medicine, Orthopedics, Radiology, Spine and Sports Medicine. Our Fitness Center provides a resource for both working with patients while under our care and providing education after discharge. This environment creates many opportunities for face-to-face collaboration in the care of our patients.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.