Full Time opportunity for an ASC RN in our Gastroenterology / Endoscopy Clinic, Gibson location
Overview of Position:
The Ambulatory Surgery Center Registered Nurse (ASC RN) participates in the coordination and delivery of all aspects of patient care delivered in the ambulatory surgery setting, while maintaining compliance with policies, procedures, practice and regulatory standards. The role of the ASC RN is to provide care for patients before, during, and after surgery or surgical procedures. Based on the specific clinical location or assignment, the ASC RN may/will be expected to serve as the Perioperative RN in the ambulatory surgery centers or assigned clinics, as well as in the capacity of an intake/holding nurse, patient educator, circulating nurse and/or scrub nurse, procedural sedation nurse and recovery room nurse as needed. Must be able to perform assessments and identify appropriate care plan and/or patient care standards. Identifies location of and utilizes Medical Group procedures, and protocols.
- ASC RN is responsible for providing patient care before, during, and after surgery or surgical procedures. The ASC RN may/will be expected to serve as intake/holding nurse, patient educator, circulating nurse and/or scrub nurse, procedural sedation nurse and recovery room nurse, as required based on clinic assignment or medical situation.
- ASC RN is required to work within the ambulatory surgical clinics and at times inside of the sterile field. In the sterile field, the ASC RN will handle and prepare operating instruments and equipment.
- ASC RNs serve as a Perioperative Nurses in the ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care settings and physician offices as required by organizational assignment or patient care requirements.
- ASC RNs are responsible for optimizing patient outcome by completing comprehensive patient assessment and plans of care. This includes documenting the patient’s response to illness, the use of coping mechanisms, emotional needs and assessment / reassessment of pain.
- Provides direct care to patients as assigned, and is accountable and responsible for quality of care and patient outcomes.
- Adheres to regulatory and organizational policies and procedures to ensure compliance and patient safety, while maintaining knowledge of new laws and health practices.
- Performs nursing within licensed scope of practice, including recognition and reporting of errors and unusual occurrences and analyzing contributing factors.
- Collaborates with providers and other members of the Total Care Team of caregivers to establishing realistic outcome goals and ensuring patient centered quality of care is achieved.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required: Associates degree in Nursing;
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
Required: One (1) year of Medical/Surgical, Critical Care or OR/ASC/PACU experience.
Preferred: Two (2) or more years of conscious sedation and Gastrointestinal Endoscopy experience.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
Required: IV skills. Knowledge of HIPAA regulations for patient confidentiality and privacy; PC proficient, able to document accurately with electronic health records systems; ability to communicate and interact professionally with co-workers, management patients, and Providers; ability to counsel and/or consult with colleagues, patients and family members;
Preferred: IV procedural sedation experience. Bilingual (English/ Spanish speaking)
Required: Current RN license in the state of New Mexico, Current BLS and ACLS Certifications, if candidate has only BLS, must be able to obtain ACLS and PALS if required by assignment, within 6 months of hire.
Preferred: Specialty Certification i.e.: CGRN,CCRN, CORN,
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.