Make a real difference every minute of every day!
Find endless opportunities to elevate your career!
Balance work and life with many schedule options. Build a family away from home.
The Robert Young Center is looking for a PRN Behavioral Health Nurse . The shifts would vary. If you enjoy working with Behavioral Health patients in a hospital setting this could be the position for you. You will play a role in the care, and safety of patients experiencing behavioral health problems . You will also be working with patient with chemical dependency . This is a challenging but rewarding position assisting people at some of the most difficult times in their lives.
Under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager, the registered nurse will provide acute nursing care to the behavioral health care patient utilizing the Robert Young Center principles of Trauma Informed Care. The behavioral health nurse promotes mental health through the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of behavioral health problems, mental disorders and comorbid conditions across the lifespan. The behavioral health nurse will facilitate coordination of care with multidisciplinary groups to optimize care plans, individual treatment plans and safe discharge. Registered nurse will demonstrate Trinity’s principles and values when interacting with patients, families, visitors, providers and co-workers.
Standards of Practice
- Uses the nursing process to deliver high quality care appropriate to the age and educational level of the patient.
- Collects and synthesizes comprehensive health data that are pertinent to the healthcare consumer’s health and/or situation.
- Develops a plan to attain expected outcomes.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine diagnoses, problems, and areas of focus for care and treatment, including level of risk.
- Implements a specified plan: Coordinates care delivery, employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment; uses knowledge of pharmacological, biological and complimentary interventions to restore health and prevent further disability; provides structure and maintains a safe therapeutic recovery oriented environment; uses the therapeutic relationship and counseling interventions to assist health care consumers.
- Evaluates progress towards attainment of expected outcomes.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of accredited nursing program.
Bachelors degree in Nursing
Prefer one (1) year of hospital clinical experience or demonstrated clinical efficiency.
Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in Illinois and Iowa.
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BSL) certification as outlined per policy.
Must possess and maintain Crisis Intervention Prevention training or obtain within six (6) months from date of hire.
Must possess and maintain Pediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition and Stabilization training or obtain within six (6) months from date of hire.
Level 3; Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.