Make a real difference every minute of every day!
Find endless opportunities to elevate your career!
Balance work and life with many schedule options. Build a family away from home.
The Robert Young Center is looking for a Behavioral Health Nurse for the Inpatient Detox Unit. This is a part time position 3pm-11pm. If you enjoy working with Behavioral Health patients in a hospital setting this could be the position for you. This positoin works with patient that have chemical dependencies, but also requires work with Behavioral Health Inpatients.
Standards of Practice
- Uses the nursing process to deliver high quality care appropriate to the age and educational level of the patient.
- Collects and synthesizes comprehensive health data that are pertinent to the healthcare consumer’s health and/or situation.
- Develops a plan to attain expected outcomes.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine diagnoses, problems, and areas of focus for care and treatment, including level of risk.
- Implements a specified plan: Coordinates care delivery, employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment; uses knowledge of pharmacological, biological and complimentary interventions to restore health and prevent further disability; provides structure and maintains a safe therapeutic recovery oriented environment; uses the therapeutic relationship and counseling interventions to assist health care consumers.
- Evaluates progress towards attainment of expected outcomes.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of accredited nursing program.
Bachelors degree in Nursing
Prefer one (1) year of hospital clinical experience or demonstrated clinical efficiency.
Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in Illinois and Iowa.
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BSL) certification as outlined per policy.
Must possess and maintain Crisis Intervention Prevention training or obtain within six (6) months from date of hire.
Must possess and maintain Pediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition and Stabilization training or obtain within six (6) months from date of hire.