UnityPoint Health-Trinity is seeking a Full time .975 Days 6:45pm-7:15am -Registered Nurse for our Cardiac Stepdown unit.
Choose a career that matters with UnityPoint Health. Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve. Trinity is a family of four full-service hospitals in Rock Island and Moline Illinois, and Bettendorf and Muscatine, Iowa. We are always looking for dynamic and talented individuals to join our team. You'll find opportunities for every sized dream.
UnityPoint Health-Trinity, is seeking a Registered Nurse for our fast pace Cardiac Stepdown unit. Cardiac nursing involves care of patients requiring close monitoring and frequent assessment, but who aren’t unstable enough to need ICU care. This unit also handles patients post open heart. The nurses monitor cardiac and other critical vital signs and detect any changes, thereby enabling intervention of life-threatening or emergency situations.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
- Assesses the needs of patients and families, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
- Develops an individual plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
- Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
- Delivers high quality care utilizing the nursing process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required on assigned unit in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
- Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare providers and hold them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care.
- Utilizes critical thinking in making independent judgments, and maintains responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
Development & Patient Education
- Continues professional development and involvement in professional activities that enhance nursing practice by sharing knowledge through networking and research.
- Assess and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
- Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide specialized education.
- Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, JCAHO, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Education: Diploma from an RN program. Previous acute care experience preferred. BSN Degree Preferred
License(s)/Certification(s): Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in primary state. Must apply within 90 days for licensure in secondary state. Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Multicultural sensitivity. Microsoft Office – basic computer skills. Customer/patient focused. Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Lifting Requirements: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.