***PLEASE NOTE THIS OPENING IS FOR A PART TIME POSITION***
Responsible for providing professional nursing care by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of patients under the supervision of a clinician or RN, Supervisor, or RN Charge Nurse. Delegates tasks as needed to professionals and para-professional employees. Coordinates activities and works closely with clinicians and staff to maintain efficient department functions and ensure successful operation of the department. Responsible for performing operational duties as required under the supervision of the site administrator or designee.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate DaVita Medical Group's commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Uses, protects, and discloses DaVita Medical Group patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs various simple to moderately complex, comprehensive patient assessments, tests and procedures within the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse
- Obtains, interprets, records and reports vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure), height, weight, and other pertinent patient information to clinician.
- Prepares patient for examination and other procedures.
- Develops an appropriate nursing care plan.
- Implements a plan of care by performing nursing interventions and assisting with procedures.
- Instructs patient on procedural preparations.
- Administers medication and other therapeutic modalities within the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse.
- Collects, labels and transports various specimens to appropriate destinations.
- Performs patient and family teaching.
- Maintains clinical standards outlined in the clinical operations policies and procedures manual. Identifies deficiencies and recommends changes.
- Documents and maintains records of medical and nursing procedures.
- Coordinates with clinicians and ancillary departments to plan daily work assignments according to staff abilities, clinician and patient schedules, patient flow and procedures.
- Ensures adequate levels of supplies are maintained.
- Ensures that all equipment is maintained.
- Performs telephone screening and advice under the direction of clinician.
- Directs patients to appropriate levels of care and authorizes outside services.
- Notifies pharmacies of new prescriptions and authorizations of refills as ordered by clinician.
- Participates in educational programs to enhance nursing knowledge.
- Adheres to Universal Precautions at all times.
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing
- Current State RN license.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- Specialty certifications in OR, OB, GI, ER, CEN or CCRN
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and/or Pediatric Life Support (PALS) certifications
- IV therapy and phlebotomy certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- 1-3 years of experience
- 5 or more years of experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Computer literate.
- Basic Life Support for healthcare providers.
- Manual dexterity to use/handle equipment and instruments.
- Skilled in phlebotomy and I.V. therapy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to concurrently perform multiple tasks.