Founded in 1955, Dignity Health – Northridge Hospital Medical Center is a 394-bed, acute care, nonprofit community hospital located in Northridge, California. The hospital offers a full complement of award winning services, including the Leavey Cancer Center, a cardiovascular center, stroke center, the Center for Assault Treatment Services, a pediatric medical center, and the only pediatric trauma center in the San Fernando Valley. As a leading provider of compassionate, high-quality and affordable patient-centered care, we share a rich legacy with Dignity Health, one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. We are part of a 21-state network of nearly 9,000 physicians, 62,000 employees and more than 400 care centers. Visit dignityhealth.org/northridgehospital for more information.
ResponsibilitiesCase Management/Care Coordinator RN - Care Coordination
Northridge Hospital Medical Center, a Dignity Health member
The RN Care Coordinator is responsible for Utilization Management, Quality Referrals, and Discharge planning activities on designated units within the hospital. Must be able to assess discharge-planning needs of a diverse cultural and ethnic population. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate case management specific to the age of the patients served on assigned units. Case Managers are assigned patients ranging in age from neonates to geriatrics. Assignments are dependent upon the specific talent, experience and training of the Case Manager and the needs of the patient. Must be able to exercise independent discretion and judgment (utilizing approved criteria) in the performance of the case management functions.
This position is represented by SEIU-121 and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
- Minimum of 3 years nursing experience in an acute hospital setting.
- Prior Care Coordination experience in a clinical or insurance setting is required.
- If operational conditions permit, training a candidate without the required experience may be considered.
- Masters Degree in nursing with a concentration in Case Management can serve as a substitute for the experience requirement.
- CM certification preferred Excellent customer service and presentation skills are a must. Strong interpersonal and written communication skills are essential. Demonstrated ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks or projects effectively. Ability to work independently as needed with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- CA Registered Nurse (RN) License required.
- Must maintain current Fire Safety cards. Relevant certification is preferred (CCM, ABQAURP or ACM).