Moments Hospice is a locally owned and operated hospice. We are looking for an outstanding nurse case manager (RN) to join our team. Our promise to our patients is "We personalize our care and treat you like family". We are dedicated to making our patients' final days, weeks and months as comfortable as possible.
The promise to treat everyone like family also flows through the daily work environment, where all employees are part of the Moments family. We offer a workplace that employees are proud to be a part of.
We are looking for exceptional people to join our exceptional team. People who want to make a difference in the community and in the lives of others. The end of life can be accompanied by feelings of loss and isolation, and the Moments Hospice team is dedicated to ensuring that the transition is filled with dignity, comfort and peace. We are dedicated to doing this not only for our patients, but for their families and loves one as well.
The success of our company is dependent upon teamwork. Our specially trained team includes doctors, nurses (NP, LPN and RN), social workers, certified nursing assistants, spiritual counselors, therapists and volunteers, just to name a few. The one thing we are missing is YOU please join us!
Duties: What you will do:
- Provide skilled nursing care
- Provide case management services
- Conduct initial assessments of new patients
- Travel to patients wherever they reside: Home, nursing facility etc.
- Participate in an on-call schedule
Responsibilities you will have:
- Completes an initial comprehensive and ongoing comprehensive assessment of patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current previous illness.
- Assess and evaluates a patient's status by:
- Writing and initiating the plan of care
- Regularly re-evaluating patient and family needs
- Participating in revising the plan of care as necessary
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient's status and needs change
- Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Assume responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
- Completes and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding the patient's condition and caregiving.
- Attends interdisciplinary ground meetings
Requirements: What you need to have:
- Valid Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Driver's license, insurance and vehicle
- 1-2 years of nursing experience (preferred)
- Utmost compassion and integrity
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- hospice: 1 year (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)