This position is eligible for up to a $7,500 Sign-on/Retention Bonus.
The Registered Nurse Case Manager is responsible for providing direct patient care, coordination of overall home care services care and documentation of care for agency clients in accordance with Quality Standards and under the guidance of a Clinical Supervisor. Become part of a professional team with the opportunity to make a profound difference in a patient’s quality of life in the comfort of their own home. Our team consists of Clinical Nurse Specialists, RNs, LPNs, Physical and Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, Nutritionists, Medical Social Workers, Diabetes Educator, Wound Care Specialists, and Home Health Aides. Great opportunity for RN's in the Boonville, Camden, Rome, Utica and Oneida areas.
Among the many advantages to joining our team are:
- Flexibility to balance professional and personal life with full, part-time, evening and weekend schedules.
- Supportive, team environment with focus one-on-one patient care.
- Opportunity to provide individualized evidenced-based care to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Continued professional growth and development
- Competitive wages and benefits and agency fleet vehicle program.
Performance Responsibilities and Standards:
- Case manage a diverse client caseload and ensure quality and safe delivery of home health services.
- Develop a plan of care based on client assessment and OASIS evaluation.
- Develop a plan of care using interdisciplinary approach.
- Ensure that all documentation meets quality standards:
- Completes all OASIS evaluations.
- Documentation reflects nursing care and interactions, is completed in timely manner, and is documented clear and concisely.
- Understands and follows nurse code of ethics and standards of practice.
- Coordinate with internal and external resources to meet patient needs.
- Maintain established productivity expectation.
- Communicate client care issues to interdisciplinary team.
- Responsible for coordination of LPN’s and HHA's
- Provide guidance and education in client care to LPN’s.
- Work in conjunction with Clinical Supervisor and Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) to efficiently manage patients using a team approach while appropriately utilizing LPN’s.
- Responsible for supervision of paraprofessional staff relevant to patient care.
- Supervise home health aides in performing designated tasks related to patient care and per care plan.
- Communicate appropriate information to home health aide department.
Comply with Nascentia policies and procedures and quality initiatives.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of infection control practice, knowledge of federal, state and local government rules and regulations, as well as knowledge and compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- Adhere to quality improvement standards.
- Keep personnel requirements up to date; i.e., health requirements, licensure requirements, and other Nascentia requirements.
- Demonstrate skills competency through periodic evaluations.
- Participate in personal growth and development.
- Participate in educational in-services and meetings.
- Maintain and update clinical knowledge on an ongoing basis.
- Current New York State registered professional nurse license.
- Degree from an accredited school of nursing or college.
- Current and valid driver’s license and auto insurance, and a vehicle which can be used for work.
- Self-directed and organized with the ability to work independently.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn organizations software system to perform job duties
- Speaking/visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend and express written/verbal communication.
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity including:
- Pushing/pulling - Typical weight 50 pounds/ Maximum weight 150 pounds
- Lifting/ carrying - Typical weight 25 pounds/Maximum weight 40 pounds
- Patient transfers, extensive bending, standing, kneeling, walking in various weather conditions e.g. snow, rain, sleet, and going up and down stairs.
- Ability to drive-in all-weather conditions throughout the working year.
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive Salary with:
- Paid Time Off, Holiday and Sick Leave
- FREE Medical Coverage for individual, HDHP, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Health Savings Account, partially funded
- Medical Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401k Plan with Employer Match
- Tuition Assistance after 6 months of employment and Loan Repayment Assistance Programs!
- Free Learning Management System for Ongoing Education
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Company Vehicle (for employees who qualify)
- Company Cell Phone/Cell Phone Reimbursement (for employees who qualify)
- Paid Time Off Pay Out (at year end)
About Nascentia Health:
Nascentia Health is leading the way in home care, post-acute care and long-term community health. A healthcare system without walls, Nascentia is an innovator in the concept of healthcare, truly focused on the patient as a whole. By serving people in their homes, Nascentia Health is able to provide true holistic care. We can address immediate needs, help support positive long term medical and lifestyle choices that provide for better outcomes, leverage cutting edge in-home care technologies, and help avoid unnecessary visits to busy healthcare facilities.
Our employees are our greatest asset. They work hard every day to make our system amazing and are dedicated to our mission of being the premier home and community-based care system for the regions we serve. We want everyone to love what they do, be excited about coming to work, and take pride in being part of our team!
Nascentia Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Employment is contingent upon negative results of a pre-hire drug screen