- Real time status review of patients requiring hospitalizations. This includes electronic medical record review of IP, OPO, MDB patients and applying nationally established criteria.
- Communicates recommended status to physicians (admitting , ED Physicians).
- Screens for appropriate admissions from all admission sources (direct, emergent, urgent, OP (surgery and transfers) using nationally established criteria to ensure appropriate patient status.
- Identifies and escalates barriers/gaps to leader of department.
- Communicates with departments such as Case Management, Utilization Management, Central Denial Management as well as physicians to coordinate appropriate levels of care/change in status orders.
- Participates with other members of team regarding opportunities for improvement in standard work.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Strong Computer Literacy
Graduate of accredited school of Nursing
Two years’ acute care experience