- Evaluates and performs an initial comprehensive and ongoing assessment of patient and family to determine hospice needs when assigned.
- Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions to maintain the highest level of comfort and quality of life including the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Regularly re-evaluates patient and family/caregiver needs collaborating with the interdisciplinary team and revising the plan of care as necessary.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician according to the plan of care.
- Provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services
- Teaches the patient and family/caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports changes in the patient’s condition.
- Maintains compliance by completing, maintaining and submitting accurate data including ongoing assessments and relevant clinical notes regarding patient’s condition and care given in the electronic medical records system.
- Records pain and symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate.
- Attends and participates in weekly interdisciplinary group meetings.
- Participates in the agency’s on-call rotation as scheduled to provide nursing care to patients outside office hours.
- Registered nurse with current licensure with no restrictions to practice professional nursing in the state.
- Must have two (2) years experience as a Registered Nurse
- Maintains a current CPR certification.