Note: This position is eligible for up to a $7,500 Sign-on/Retention Bonus.
Job Description: The Maternal Child RN provides skilled nursing assessments and care to clients in the Oneida County Maternal Child prevention program. Clients include prenatal, postpartum and newborns that may be at risk for adverse health outcomes. Responsible for assessments and direct client care under the guidance of a clinical supervisor. Great Opportunity for RN's in the Woodgate, Camden, Oneida, Rome, Utica, and Waterville areas!
Performance Responsibilities and Standards:
- Ensure quality and safe delivery of home health services.
- Contact and schedule visits with clients in a timely manner; maintain appropriate contact in accordance with government regulations, guidelines and physician orders.
- Develop appropriate plan of care based on client assessment.
- Develop, implement, and communicate a plan of care utilizing interdisciplinary approach.
- Ensure that all documentation meets quality standards:
- Follow nurse code of ethics and standards of practice
- Manage a diverse client caseload.
- Communicate client care issues to interdisciplinary team.
- Assume responsibility for supervision of paraprofessional and professional staff relevant to patient care plan.
- Monitor job performance of home health aides and delivery of home health aide services.
- Submit appropriate information to home health aide department.
- Comply with Nascentia Health policies and procedures
- Maintain Nascentia Health productivity standards.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of infection control practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of federal, state and local government rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate knowledge and compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- Adhere to quality improvement standards.
- Keep personnel requirements up to date; i.e., health requirements, licensure requirements, and other Nascentia Health requirements.
- Demonstrate skill competency through periodic evaluations.
- Participate in personal growth and development.
- Participate in educational in-services and meetings.
- Maintain and update clinical knowledge on an ongoing basis.
- Present a professional image to internal and external customers in compliance with Nascentia Health’s dress code.
- Current New York State registered professional nurse license.
- Degree from an accredited school of nursing or college.
- Current and valid driver’s license and auto insurance, and a vehicle which can be used for work.
- Self-directed and organized with the ability to work independently.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Speaking/visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend and express written/verbal communication.
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity including:
- Pushing/pulling - Typical weight 50 pounds / Maximum weight 150 pounds
- Lifting/ carrying - Typical weight 25 pounds / Maximum weight 40 pounds
- Patient transfers, extensive bending, standing, kneeling, walking in various weather conditions e.g. snow, rain, sleet, and going up and down stairs.
- Ability to drive-in all-weather conditions throughout the working year.
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive Salary with:
- 401K with generous Employer match
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Health Savings Account, partially funded
- Medical Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401k Plan with Employer Match
- Tuition Assistance after 6months of employment/ Loan Forgiveness Assistance Program!
- Free Learning Management System for Ongoing Education
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Company Vehicle (for employees who qualify)
- Company Cell Phone/Cell Phone Reimbursement (for employees who qualify)
About Nascentia Health:
Nascentia Health is leading the way in home care, post-acute care and long-term community health. A healthcare system without walls, Nascentia is an innovator in the concept of healthcare, truly focused on the patient as a whole. By serving people in their homes, Nascentia Health is able to provide true holistic care. We can address immediate needs, help support positive long term medical and lifestyle choices that provide for better outcomes, leverage cutting edge in-home care technologies, and help avoid unnecessary visits to busy healthcare facilities.
Our employees are our greatest asset. They work hard every day to make our system amazing and are dedicated to our mission of being the premier home and community-based care system for the regions we serve. We want everyone to love what they do, be excited about coming to work, and take pride in being part of our team.
Nascentia Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Employment is contingent upon negative results of a pre-hire drug screen