HopeHealth is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse for its affiliate HopeHealth Hospice & Palliative Care. This position will be based in Providence, RI.
The RN Case Manager is an advocate, negotiator, and leader for the clinical oversight of the patient. The RN Case Manager typically manages a caseload of 14 - 17 patients with varying degrees of acuity. The successful candidate will act with a sense of urgency tempered by a disciplined approach and concern for the accuracy and quality of the work performed. The approach will be carefully thought-out, based on a thorough analysis and detailed knowledge of all pertinent facts.
This is a full-time, 40 hour a week position.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Conducts initial and ongoing assessment of patients.
- Collaborates with physician to manage patient's plan of care.
- Evaluates plan of care on a regular basis, and as necessary, to meet the changing needs of the patients.
- Provides ongoing training and education to patients and family members.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures, making necessary referrals to community services.
- Prepares point of care clinical documentation that demonstrates progress toward established goals,
- Coordinates services, informing the physician, management, and other staff of changes in the patient's condition and needs.
- Determines scope and frequency of services needed based on acuity and patient needs.
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate, relevant and timely documentation regarding patient's condition and care given.
Education / Experience:
- RN required BSN preferred
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Must have well developed nursing assessment, clinical skills and communication skills
- Home care and/or related experience preferred
- Competitive health benefits
- Company matched retirement plan
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Mileage reimbursement
- Company provided life insurance
HopeHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer