We’re looking for individuals who are driven to join us in our mission to champion the special health needs of children and their families. Who want to be part of something bigger. Who want to grow, innovate and improve. Who want to make Children's Minnesota an even better place tomorrow.
The RN case manager promotes efficient and effective service delivery through enhanced communication and coordination of the patient specific plan of care. Ensures the established standard of care and expected outcomes are achieved in a timely manner while facilitating appropriate resource utilization and enhancing customer satisfaction. The case manager proactively communicates with members of the healthcare team to ensure appropriate medical necessity for patients in beds; communicates with payers and patient/family/healthcare team regarding payer information as necessary. Ensures that care moves through the episode of care in a timely and efficient manner.
**This position is located in Minneapolis, but require Cross-Campus work.**
* Current MN RN license.
* Current BLS certification.
* Case Management certification recommended.
* BS/BA in nursing or ADN with BS/BA in relevant health care major.
* 2 years current nursing experience, pediatric preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to gather data, evidence, and best practice to be able to present a cogent
argument to physicians and payers related to level of care, continued stay, and plan of care
* Ability to challenge respectfully and negotiate successfully for optimal patient outcomes.
* Demonstrated problem solving ability which employs anticipation, creativity, resourcefulness and
sound judgment to make recommendations for change/plan based on data and clinical knowledge.
* Demonstrated ability to function as part of a team and form positive, collaborative relationships with
social work, hospital staff, patients, families and post-acute providers.
* Demonstrated critical thinking skills to anticipate needs, establish priorities, meet deadlines, and
effectively manage a caseload of work.
* Demonstrated experience in prioritizing and delegating work.
* Demonstrated ability to engage all staff (nurses, management, physicians and ancillary staff) to
facilitate a collaborative environment.
* Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor colleagues and other disciplines.
* Proficient with computers and programs.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of an occupational health assessment, drug screen, background investigation, and compliance with the U.S. Government Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. Children's requires proof of immunity to vaccine preventable infectious diseases prior to employment, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Children’s Minnesota is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.