The Cath Lab Nurse assists physicians in the analysis and treatment of cardiac conditions. Catheterization lab nurses are responsible for preparing the patient for their examinations, and give emotional and physical support to the patient.
As a Catheterization Lab RN your responsibilities consist of:
- Checking the patient’s vitals before, during and after their procedure.
- Administering and logging prescribed medication.
- Providing treatment when needed.
- Assisting the doctors perform various procedures such as stent placements and angioplasties.
One year of experience as a Cath Lab Nurse within the past two years.
- Current RN License in good standing.
- Up to date Basic Life Support from American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.