Have you thought about Trustbridge?
Since 1978, Hospice of Palm Beach County, Hospice of Broward County and Hospice by the Sea have cared for 200,000 families in South Florida. These three hospices are now one branch of Trustbridge, a community nonprofit that provides support for families facing serious illness 24 hours a day. Our other services include palliative medicine, caregiver support and bereavement programs.
At Trustbridge, we consider our employees our greatest resource. Our appreciation is shown in many ways, including the wide range of comprehensive benefits we offer.
Trustbridge benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- 401K with employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Generous PTO package
Serves as a professional leader in assessing, planning, guiding and evaluating patient care activity. Interacts with management, physicians, and nursing staff utilizing a teamwork approach. Provides direct supervision, training and evaluation of all CareConnection clinical and non-clinical staff. Provides assistance, guidance, training, and mentoring. Provides feedback to Director as to issues/concerns with staff, volume or training needs. Responsible for escalated patient/family related needs and provides quality professional intervention to based on the protocols and policy with regard to the physical, emotional and psychological needs of the patient.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Education/Regulatory Requirements:
- RN degree from a college or university, accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing and/or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Florida licensed Registered Nurse.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support Certification.
- One year in a leadership roll
- Two years of recent acute care, ICU, ED, Step Down, telemetry, oncology, medical/surgical, or home health, public/health experience.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of professional Nursing principles, practices, and procedures necessary to assess the needs of patients.
- Understanding of and ability to apply characteristics of Hospice nursing, case management and crisis intervention.
- Expertise in support skills, palliative care, and educational techniques.
- Proficient with computer software, EMR, and typing skills.
- Demonstrates organizational, administrative and personnel management skills.
- Flexible, creative, assertive, articulate, nurturing and self-nurturing.
- Understanding of and ability to apply characteristics of Hospice Nursing: case management, crisis intervention, communication skills, teaching skills, thanatology skills and needs.
- Able to work well under stress and deadlines.
- Professional Requirements:
- Strong and effective telephone communication, teaching and thanatology and needs assessment skills.
- Maintains effective and timely communication with the supervisor and/or team members via telephone, pagers, voicemail, e-mail and other identified means.
- Communicates clearly and effectively in writing and orally.
- Language Skills:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.