The Charge Nurse - RN supervises the day-to-day nursing activities of the State Tested Nursing Assistants (STNA) in accordance with company standards and federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Essential Activities and Tasks
Operations Management and Administration
* Directs the day-to-day functions of the nursing activities in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the facility, including the making of work assignments to Nursing Assistants.
* Assists in implementing methods for coordinating nursing services to ensure continuity of residents care.
* Administers medications and treatments in accordance with physician orders and nursing standards of practice.
* Represents the nursing department during Interdisciplinary Care Plan meetings. Is able to answer questions related to the plan of care and delivery of services.
* Participates in various committee meetings.
* Makes work assignments and meets with Nursing Assistants regularly to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and the improvement of care and services.
* Provides direct nursing care as needed.
* Consults with the residents' physicians in planning resident care, treatment, rehabilitation, etc. as needed.
* Notifies residents' physicians and families when there is a change in the resident's condition.
* Authorizes and monitors the use of restraints when necessary and in accordance with the facility policies and procedures.
* Admits, transfers and discharges patients as necessary.
* Works with Unit Manager to help reduce hospital readmissions.
* Attends all-employee and departmental meetings and in-service training as scheduled or as directed.
Quality and Compliance, and Risk Management
* Ensures that nursing procedures are followed by nursing service personnel, and that they reflect the day-to-day nursing care procedures used by the facility.
* Participates in the maintenance, and implementation of the facility's quality assurance program.
* Ensures the procedures for the administration, storage and control of medications and supplies are being followed by nursing staff.
* Ensures that resident rooms, treatment areas, work areas and equipment are maintained in a clean, sanitary, and safe manner.
People Management and Development
* Supervises STNAs.
* Fosters a positive work environment that attracts, retains, and motivates employees.
* Interviews, selects, and orients new direct reports.
* Defines, establishes, and promotes performance expectations so direct reports understand and demonstrate excellence through high quality and consistent performance.
* Evaluates job performance of direct reports in accordance with the company policy and procedure and provides developmental guidance to staff for improved performance and growth.
* Monitors accountability with organization requirements prescribed by the Employee Handbook. Documents and engages employees who are routinely not observing these requirements in an effort to achieve compliance. Works with Human Resources when circumstances arise that necessitate further documentation and intervention.
* Participates in the development, planning, scheduling, conducting, and monitoring of in-service training programs, on-the-job training, and orientation programs for departmental staff.
* Ensures that there is a reasonable and sufficient plan for staffing should a direct report be absent or a direct reporting position be vacant.
* Responds timely and thoughtfully to questions, requests, and work product from departmental staff that has been provided for review and approval.
All other duties as assigned.
* Nursing degree from an accredited college, university or vocational school required.
* Current unencumbered license for the state of Ohio to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN).
* One year of clinical experience in a hospital, long term care facility, or other related health care facility preferred.
* Supervisory experience in a long-term care, hospital, or other related healthcare setting preferred.
* Proficiency with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Ohio Living is among the country's leading faith-based, comprehensive resources on aging well. Since 1922, Ohio Living has defined the highest standards of quality of life for adults. Recognized for quality, innovation, and a positive work environment, we are proud of our reputation for consistently exceeding the needs and expectations of those we serve. At Ohio Living, our mission is the heart of our organization.
Our intention is to have employees who are passionate about making their personal mission statement come to life each day at work! Be it through providing healing, eradicating loneliness in older adults, contributing to efficiencies, streamlining processes, being dependable, sparking creativity or something else, the demonstration of HOW you do your job is just as important as WHAT you do in your job.
Alongside our valued employees, we are making a difference throughout the state of Ohio in the lives of those that need healthcare or those embracing the next chapter of their lives. Sustained members of our team demonstrate accountable behavior and share our values of customer service, innovation, integrity, financial stewardship, leadership and care.
At Ohio Living Quaker Heights, Waynesville's premier life plan community, we provide an engaging, team‐oriented workplace dedicated to career, family and faith. We are committed to recognizing our employees for a job well done, supporting employee training and development, and promoting work-life balance and wellness of body, mind and spirit.
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio Living is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit, multi-site senior living organizations. Each year, Ohio Living serves more than 73,000 people through one of our 13 life plan communities and Ohio Living Home Health & Hospice. Our Ohio-based services range from a variety of housing options in our communities through the full continuum of care to post-acute home health and hospice support for adults, wherever they live.
Ohio Living is Great Place To Work - Certified, and is nationally ranked on Fortune magazine's list of Best Workplaces in Aging Services.
Our mission is to provide adults with caring and quality services toward the enhancement of physical, mental and spiritual well-being consistent with the Christian Gospel.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled