HealthPartners has an exciting opportunity for a RN Clinic Care Delivery Supervisor at our St. Paul Specialty Center. The RN Care Delivery Supervisor provides leadership, direction, organization and administration of daily clinic operations in the patient care and ancillary services areas. This position works in collaboration with the Business Systems Supervisor.
At HealthPartners, you’ll find a culture where we live our values of excellence, compassion, integrity and most importantly, partnership. By working together, we will improve health and wellbeing, create exceptional experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more affordable.
St. Paul 401 Phalen Specialty Center
Infectious Disease, Travel & Tropical Medicine, Pulmonary and Allergy departments.
- Responsible for the supervision of staff, including having the authority to hire, transfer, lay off, promote, discipline and discharge, train, reward and review performance of employees. Ensures compliance to organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- Acts as an effective, consistent role model of Service Excellence; exemplifying courtesy, compassion, and responsiveness to all customers.
- Demonstrates that the patient is put first at every opportunity.
- Talks “service” routinely in order to reinforce a service orientation mind-set.
- Looks for instances of missed opportunities in which employees could have better met customer needs; constructively brings such to their attention and coaches on ways to improve.
- Identifies training and staff development needs for employees as related to service skills.
- Holds self and employees accountable for meeting high standards of service toward all customers.
- Understands and accepts the philosophy that customer complaints and feedback are gifts to our organization.
- Actively listens to patients/member/families who have concerns about their care of service, seeking to understand each situation through the eyes of the patient.
- Documents such concerns and ensures that appropriate investigation and responses occur.
- Identifies trends affecting patient satisfaction, and works with the local clinic or the larger HPMG and Clinics to resolve such trends.
- Works with staff and other supervisors to identify opportunities to improve patient satisfaction
- Includes patient satisfaction discussion at staff meetings, reviewing patient feedback with staff and setting improvement priorities.
- Cooperates and collaborates with the HPMG and Clinics leadership regarding the rollout of service excellence initiatives.
Quality and Data:
- Works in collaboration with other clinic supervisors, providers, front-line staff and organizational departments to design, implement and evaluate care delivery initiatives.
- Uses quality management tools and measurements to monitor standards, processes, and outcomes of care.
- Works in collaboration with other clinic supervisors, providers, front-line staff and organizational departments to review and interpret quality management data feedback and then make appropriate changes to improve outcomes of care.
- Facilitates meetings in the clinic to gather input and provide feedback to other clinic supervisors, providers and front-line staff regarding care initiatives and outcomes of care.
- Actively participates in the creation, update and ongoing testing of business continuity and disaster recovery planning and preparation.
- Plans, develops and monitors the budget for their area of responsibility
- Works collaboratively with the Manager, Chief of Professional Services and other supervisors to ensure optimal revenue capture
- Authorizes expenditures for their area of responsibility.
- Acts as a responsible steward of resources including time, materials, supplies and property.
Job Functions Specific to this Position:
- Medical supplies
- Medical equipment
- Sterilization processes
- Ancillary staff services/staff
- Local 113 expert
- Other jobs as assigned
- Graduate of a Bachelor of Sciences or Arts degree program or health related field
- Or six years of full time clinical nursing experience.
- Current RN licensure in Minnesota
- Current RN licensure in Wisconsin within two months of hire
- Two (2) years of staff supervisory experience
- Two (2) years of leadership/management experience with a health care team
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated effective project management skills
- Ability to manage resources and staff with budget requirements
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Basic computer knowledge and ability
- Customer service experience with demonstrated strength in communication skills in dealing with patient/public contacts
- Ability to lead, mentor and motivate employees.
- Ability to understand, implement and monitor care improvement, patient service and access data and processes.
HealthPartners offers a comprehensive benefits package. To see a complete job description and/or to apply for this position, please visit www.healthpartners.com/careers, click on job opportunities and search for Job ID #57583.
Nursing supervisor for Infectious Disease, Travel & Tropical Medicine, Pulmonary and Allergy departments.