Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health!
This is what we were meant to do - Together!
Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Delivers patient care utilizing the nursing process through data collection and assessment, identifies and determines the priority of patient’s problems/needs, and evaluates the process and outcome of nursing care; coordinates, provides and directs patient teaching activities and coordinates the care provided by health team members.
Essential Job Functions
- In collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team, conducts initial and ongoing patient assessment, analyzes assessment data, creates a plan of care, implements treatment and evaluates treatment effectiveness; administers medications in a safe manner consistent with the State of Ohio or Kentucky Nursing Practice Act and Mercy Health policies and procedures; serves as point of contact for patients' care coordination throughout hospital departments
- Acts as a patient safety advocate by participating in ongoing quality improvement in the department
- Incorporates the professional practice model into care delivery
- List the
education, training, and experience required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Required Minimum Education:
2 Year/ Associates Degree
4 year/ Bachelors Degree
- If registration, certification or licensure is required, include the name of the accrediting or licensing body.
Current nursing license in the State of Ohio and/or Kentucky BLS, ACLS, PALS and any other unit specific certification requirement
Hold national certification in clinical specialty or leadership within 6 months of eligibility
Minimum Years and Type of Experience:
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- And a lot more
cheduled Weekly Hours:
Days (United States of America)
LHI 4th Floor
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.Compensation & Benefits
EEO is the Law
FMLA Rights - EnglishLa FMLA Español
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Vacation/paid time off
- Flexible Schedules
- Employee Events
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- On Site Cafeteria
- Performance bonus
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Gym Memberships
- Military Leave
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Life Insurance
- Merchandise Discounts
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Health Care On Site
- Long Term Disability