Title: Registered Nurse - Clinical Data Abstraction
Shift: Full-Time, Days
This position will be scheduled approximately 40 hours per week in the Performance Improvement department at The Christ Hospital main campus located at 2139 Auburn Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45219.
Job Overview: The Clinical Data Abstraction Nurse performs pre-admission, admission, concurrent and retrospective data abstraction on selected cases. The nurse performs quality monitoring, supports other performance improvement activities and confers with Risk Management, Nursing, Infection Control and physicians to address quality and patient safety concerns.
The Clinical Data Abstraction RN may perform the following duties:
- Conducts medical record reviews and abstraction for designated core measures and clinical registry data. Ensures complete data collection and entry into electronic database.
- Participates in the analysis and evaluation of collected data
- Advises regarding action plans related to data findings.
- Maintains accuracy, integrity, and reliability of the data to support the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid validation process.
- Functions as support to Quality and Performance Improvement Committee through data analysis and evaluation of trends
- Works with chairperson regarding agenda, charter, and outlining responsibilities of committee members
- Prepares reports for presentation
- Initiates referrals to medical directors for medical practice issues
- Initiates referrals to risk management, nursing, and infection control
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing minimum
Experience:3-5 years of inpatient hospital RN experience required, cardiac experience preferred
Licensure: Active Ohio RN License required
There are many ways to define excellence. For us at The Christ Hospital, it’s all about our patients...And making healthcare what they want it to be. Accessible. Personal. Affordable.
Our commitment toexceptional outcomes,affordable careand the finestpatient experiencesis recognized yearly with numerous awards from leading healthcare organizations and publications. At the top of our list of honors are the 17 consecutive years that we’ve been named to U.S. News & World Report’s list of Best Hospitals and being named the Most Preferred Hospital by the Greater Cincinnati community for 21 consecutive years (National Research Corporation).
What does this mean for you?
GROWTH- opportunities to learn, develop, and impact.
VALUE- a robust employee package that provides you the ability to maintain a healthy work-life balance, competitive compensation, flexible and meaningful benefits, development opportunities so you can be your best self, and a culture of compassion.
PRIDE- from all that we have accomplished in our past, and all that we’re positioned for in the future.
CHALLENGE- we are in one of the most competitive markets in the nation, yet continue to rise to the top through our incredible employees and transformational results. We seek individuals motivated by what it takes to be a part of a winning team.
Named #24 on Forbes 500 America’s Best Employers for 2017, we are transforming care…inspired by you.