RN-Clinical Director of Nursing-Long Term Care
The Parker Jewish Institute in New Hyde Park, NY is seeking a seasoned and professional Clinical Director of Nursing to join our team of professionals in Nursing Administration overseeing Long Term Care.
WORKING AT PARKER
The Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care and Rehabilitation, conveniently located on the Queens-Nassau County border in New Hyde Park, New York, is a non-profit health care facility that offers short term rehabilitation, sub-acute care and nursing home care, as well as community-based health care' encompassing adult day health care, home health care, and a hospice program that serves terminally ill patients in their own homes or in nursing facilities, including Parker's nursing home.
Quality care means hiring quality people, and Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care and Rehabilitation has a longstanding reputation for excellence and innovation in resident and patient care.
In addition to a friendly, collaborative environment and exciting career-growth opportunities, Parker Jewish Institute also offers these convenience factors:
- A modern, safe and secure campus conveniently located on the Queens/Nassau County border that is easily accessible by public transportation or auto
- Free parking
- A superb, low-cost employee cafeteria
- Central to excellent housing, superior school districts and excellent shopping
- A variety of nearby child care options, colleges and universities
In this high profile role working alongside with caring, dedicated, and experienced senior nursing leadership, the Clinical Director of Nursing for the Long Term Care Division oversees and ensures effectiveness of the daily operations of Parker's designated units.
Reporting to the Vice President of Patient Care Services, the Clinical Director of Nursing is also responsible for overall compliance with Nursing Department policies and procedures.
Key Job Duties Include:
- Supervise nursing management staff
- Monitor compliance with policies and procedures
- Assist in recruiting and interviewing job applicants
- Assist in the development of Nursing Department policies and procedures
- Monitor position controls
- Conduct investigations of accidents and incidents in accordance with policies and regulations
- Develop and direct performance improvement activities in areas of responsibility
- Empower teams to provide excellent person-centered care
- Mentor new nursing leadership
- Participate in staff education
What Makes this a Great Opportunity?
Clinical leadership role in a renowned health care facility among innovative and committed leaders in the industry. Excellent professional environment providing an opportunity to learn, grow and have an impact on the overall results.
Competitive compensation and benefits package including 401k with company match, Medical, Dental, Vision and more!
Although not all inclusive, these are the key attributes we are seeking:
- New York State RN license
- BSN or BA in Nursing or a related field
- At least two years of demonstrated supervisory experience
- Demonstrate leadership ability, lead teams, empower staff, organized and detailed oriented
- Works well with others
- Manages interruptions to triage resident care priorities and changing situations
- Communicates effectively with others
- Is cooperative and helpful
- Delegates well and respects others
- Is friendly, courteous and well-mannered
- Experience as a Nurse Manager, or Assistant Director of Nursing, with similar responsibilities
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Health Care Administration or a related field desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Outlook