CapitalRegional Medical Center is a fully-accredited healthcarefacility with more than 1,100 employees and 500 physicians. A 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including a Pediatric ER andan Express Care ER. We also offer a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center,Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, FamilyCenter, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic/Spine Center, Physical TherapyServices, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center,Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
The Clinical Professional Development Educator enhancesprofessional practice and the provision of quality patient care by providingevidence-based quality educational programs and activities that promoteprofessional competency for nursing, inter-professional, and non-licensedclinical staff at the assigned facility.
- Participatesin the development, coordination, managing, facilitating, conducting, andevaluating of onboarding and orientation programs for nursing and otherhealthcare personnel.
- Providesorientation/onboarding programs to promote employee retention.
- Conductsorientation in a manner that facilitates a positive learning environment. Incorporatesorganizational values/culture into the orientation process.
- Promotescost effectiveness through implementation of efficient orientation/onboardingpractices.
- Servesas a role model for organizational and personal commitment to new employeesuccess.
- Collaborateswith the Education Coordinator concerning the logistics of orientation to keepall stakeholders informed.
- Collaborateswith the Director of Clinical Professional Development to adjust the programbased on evaluation results.
- Participatesin the development, coordination, and management of facilitating, conducting,and evaluating competency.
- Comprehendsand interprets competencies to staff. Serves as a role model for competentpractice.
- Identifieslearning needs of staff and assesses practice gaps, comparing competencies toactual practice. Plans educational content with learner engagement.
- Collaborateswith the Clinical Education Market Director to review outcomes data to evaluateand refine competency management activities.
- Identifies appropriateresources for problem solving.
- Designs and identifies educational activities to address practicegaps for identified target audiences, including licensed and non-licensedhealthcare personnel, in alignment with HCA and division clinical educationrequest and development processes.
- Develops activities to achieve specific outcomes related toidentified deficits or opportunities for improvement in knowledge, skill andpractice. Planseducational content delivery that encourages learner engagement.
- Collaborateswith Clinical Education Market Director to evaluate and adjust educationalprograms based on evaluations and feedback.
- Utilizesthe educational process to improve professional practice and promote safe, compassionate,quality patient care.
- Incorporatesorganizational values/culture in educational programs, ensuring alignment withorganization’s policies/procedures and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Demonstratesan understanding of adult educational theory and the ability to applyevaluation methodologies, (i.e., Kirkpatrick) into courses and curriculum torefine clinical programs.
- Supportsnew ideas and innovation in educational design. Utilizes current best evidence.
- Identifiesresources for problem solving. Provides staff with resources and education toimplement changes.
ResearchEvidence-Based Practice (EBP)/Quality Improvement (QI)
- Promotes and integrates the EBP in order to continuously improvepractice. Conducts, encourages,facilitates, and/or participates in research, EBP, and QI in patient caresettings.
- Supportsresearch activities that align with the organizational strategic plan. Disseminatesresearch findings through educational programs, courses, and other activities.
- Workswith others to identify problems and solutions and collaboratively design andimplement the change strategy. Exhibits creativity and flexibility throughtimes of change.
- Embracesmeaningful change and fosters acceptance, adoption and action toward change inothers.
- Createsa supportive environment for nursing research, scientific inquiry, qualityimprovement, and evidence-based practice. Identifies appropriate evidence toguide practice decisions.
- Maintainsand sustains practice changes using principles of implementation science.
- Identifiesand develops strategies to facilitate a continuous process of maturationthrough lifelong learning.
- Utilizesnovice-to-expert continuum when developing staff. Identifies and providesopportunities for skill enhancement and mastery.
- Assistsstaff to identify areas for individual growth in current role. Promotes theachievement of specialty certifications.
- Providesexpertise in identifying professional development needs of individual staff. Directsstaff to career advancement resources.
- Participatesin lifelong learning to promote continuing personal development.
- Contributesinsights and feedback for succession planning.
- Monitorsthe practices or operations with reference to laws, regulations, guidelines, orindustry practices to assess compliance, risk, or exposure while communicatingkey performance indicators for the clinical education service line within thedivision.
- Ensuresthat the clinical education team develops educational content that meets theaccreditation standards of the Joint Commission, Medicare, Medicaid, andsimilar organizations from an educational perspective.
- Assumesaccountability for delivery of clinical education services and practices thatcreate a patient-centered organization, driven by customer feedback anddata.
- Ensuresefficient and effective delivery of quality clinical education content andprograms to drive improved clinical metrics.
- Contributesand works collaboratively with division and facility education team to supporthospital-wide improvement in meeting core measures, patient safety, and serviceexcellence goals through clinical education.
- Participatesin providing simulation models in the simulation lab.
- Fostersa Service Excellence culture.
- Identifiesopportunities to support improvement in internal or external customersatisfaction and/or patient experience.
- Inspirespride in HCA and organizational outcomes by developing a superior clinicalidentity and a culture of excellence which inspires higher expectations forcare in physicians, nurses, and other clinicians.
- Assumesaccountability for promoting consistent, positive patient interactions thatadvance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
- Establishesa culture of accountability for effectively managing expenses and deliveringcost-effective healthcare in the communities served.
- Supportsstrategic planning and business development within the clinical education areaof responsibility, including technology advances and other opportunities todrive differentiation and support the growth agenda.
- Representsthe organization positively within the community; participates incompany-supported community/patient events and in-services.
- Supportsexternal relationships which advance the organization's position within thecommunity, to grow the business and improve the health of communities served.
- Staysabreast of regulatory changes, emerging technology, and advancements inhealthcare delivery.
- Staysabreast of external factors and opportunities impacting healthcare, includingpolitical, legislative and regulatory changes, emerging technologies, andadvancements in healthcare delivery. Understands the competitive landscape. Supports the organization in strategic positioning to respond tochanging healthcare dynamics and market environments.
- Participateswith the division education team to contribute to the development of long- andshort-range operational and capital budgets aligned to business objectives.
- Providesrequested data for assigned facility to assist in completing monthlyoperations; provides information on variances and action plans to address gaps.
- Understandsimpact on department performance in accordance with established budget, includingthe utilization of staffing, supplies, and equipment.
- Participatesin the annual budget process, providing input into assigned facility expenseforecasts, staffing, and supply and equipment needs. Identifies cost reductionopportunities and implements actions to achieve savings.
- 5+years’ experience in an acute care setting Required
- 3+years’ experience in clinical education Required
- Bachelor’sDegree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or other clinical field Required
- Master’sDegree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or other clinical field Preferred
- 401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Family Leave
- Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
- And much more