To plan, assess, implement and evaluate clinical education programs combining classroom and training to include record maintenance, scheduling and managing resources. To conduct orientation and implementation of individual plans. To provide educational opportunities that are up to date with the most current standards of practice in the related field.
- Assists in student orientation, education and rotations if applicable. Arranges preceptors for students.
- Maintains a presence and provides assistance at team conferences and meetings. Participates in projects or committees as volunteered or assigned.
- Maintains current license and knowledge of nursing care requirements. Assesses need for personal growth and development and takes the initiative in seeking opportunities to meet this need.
- Monitors the educational needs of personnel within the department. Arranges opportunities for staff access to educational programs. Conducts educational audits of a listing of associates that participated and their expiration dates and maintains records of educational requirements.
- Serves as customer service representative to patients while identifying and improving areas that would promote the patient's experience, if located at Citizens. Develops and implements a customer service script to assist associates with patient interaction and improve customer satisfaction.
- Sets goals and objectives aligned with the relative program to define what will be accomplished in the role and by what deadline. Reports to manager on the progress of the unit's educational status.
- Uses various teaching methodologies during instruction. Networks with other educators to improve the relative department.
- Works with Risk Management department to find solutions to issues and concerns reported.
Required: Completion of an accredited nursing program.
Preferred: Masters in health education
Required: Must have 5 years of clinical experience working in a physician office with 2 years working in a clinical educator capacity.
Required: Must be currently licensed, certified or registered to practice profession as required by law, regulation in state of practice or policy. Current BLS and ACLS certification
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.