- Consider factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing and other services.
- Provide visionary leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Direct and administer assigned functions to ensure high quality, cost-effective patient services which meet or surpass accreditation standards.
- Interact with and contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues.
- Stay informed of current evidence-based protocols and standards for the management for patients in the area of responsibility.
- Advocate for the protections and rights of individuals, families, communities, populations, healthcare providers, nursing and other professions, and institutions and organizations, especially related to health and safety.
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Alaska
- Certification in clinical specialty within 12 months of hire
- 3 years of recent management or supervisory experience
- Supervisory experience may include leading teams in performance improvement activities
- Charge nurse or similar experience may count for up to 2 years of the required experience
- Master's degree
- 2 years of management experience in like-sized unit
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation’s best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state’s largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!