South Lake Hospital is centrally located in Clermont, Florida, which combines the appeal of suburban life with easy access to Orlando, all of the major theme parks, and beautiful beaches on both coasts. At South Lake Hospital, our mission is to improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities in South Lake County. Our 160-acre health, wellness, and education campus provides a complete continuum of quality care. With 170 beds, and more than 1,500 employees, we offer a variety of medical services including diagnostic imaging, orthopedics, robotic surgery, urology, women's services, and our cardiac catheterization laboratory.
* Provides direct patient care in a hospital setting.
* Assess patient's needs and develops/revises an individualized plan of care based on patient needs and responses. Evaluates the patient's progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
* Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit/ department.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs.
* Coordinates the care and delegates as appropriate to other team members on a defined group of patients.
* Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful and consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards. This includes but is not limited to: patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments and patient safety.
* Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit/ department specific requisite skills.
* Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Evidence Based Practice Standards of Care.
* Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
* Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patient's needs and the team member's capabilities and qualifications.
* Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
* Respects diversity by building respectful relationships with all team members and customers.
* Functions as a patient and family advocate
* Demonstrates caring practices by providing a compassionate and therapeutic environment for patients and their families.
* Integrates patient and family education throughout the delivery of care.
* Participates in process improvement activities as assigned.
* Demonstrates awareness of legal issues and patients' rights.
* Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
* Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
* Practices efficient use of supplies and maintains a clean, safe and work area.
* Attends staff development in-services, department meetings and/or nursing committees meetings.
* Collaborates with management team to identify professional development needs.
* Serves on hospital, department and/or nursing committees as required.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
South Lake Hospital is currently looking for a Registered Nurse to join our team. Interested candidates will have the following...
* Graduate of an approved school of nursing
* Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing educational.
* Meets all mandatory and developmental requirements for Orlando Health and unit/department.
* Maintains current Florida RN license and BLS/Healthcare Provider certification are required.
* ACLS, NRP, PALS, TNCC are required for certain areas. PALS required for Pediatric Critical Care areas. NRP required for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). (See unit specific requirements for specialty certification).
* Twelve months hospital RN experience required. Based on area of assignment, specialty courses and specialty experience may be required. Able to meet job duties of Clinical Nurse I. Must meet unit specific performance competencies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled