This position should give high priority to customer service and complete customer satisfaction. This position should accurately listen and respond appropriately to requests made by transferring physicians, hospitals and peers. To ensure patients are assigned rooms in an expedient manner, this position will utilize all critical resources within the organization to expedite this process. This position must ensure all paperwork and computer entry is checked for accuracy and continually enhances their knowledge regarding processes. This position will coordinate the successful transfer and placement of patients entering via the CHRISTUS Command Center. This position will effectively communicate with the surgery department, emergency department, nursing units, physician offices, and outlying facilities to ensure appropriate placement of patients in a timely manner. This position must be able to adjust through a rapidly changing environment.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred.
- Knowledge of overall hospital policies.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment with a positive attitude toward all professional contacts.
- Able to manage situations related to family, patients of varied ages and needs, physicians and other hospital departments.
- Proficient in use of computers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use multi-line phones.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and be on call as scheduled.
- Minimum of 5 years in clinical practice for population to be served is required.
- 2 years critical care experience preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Current Texas State RN License