At WellStar we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
WellStar is looking to add a per-diem (as needed) Clinical Community Registered Nurse (RN) to its Atlanta Medical Center team!!
The Clinical Community Registered Nurse (RN) is a member of an interdisciplinary team of healthcare workers who assist by staffing community and corporate events to provide screenings and counseling on healthy lifestyles and behaviors. This nurse works with consumers in community, corporate, and congregational settings to provide high quality, safe patient care, and evidenced based information and education on pertinent health topics.
The framework for practice is steered by the WellStar Professional Practice Model, 5-Star Nursing and evidence based practice and research. RN competencies are derived from these models and supported by the WellStar Core Competencies.
It is expected that the Registered Nurse is licensed, knowledgeable and upholds the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association. As a member of the Community Education & Outreach team, it is expected that the individual represents the needs of the community and upholds system and departmental policies and procedures while supporting service excellence goals.
Required Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing. Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing preferred.
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification:
- Current/active license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia
- Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Association on the first day of employment in position
Required Minimum Experience: 1 to 2 years nursing practice that includes sufficient clinical and process management experience to ensure competence.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Strong technical and clinical skills needed to perform a variety of screenings that may include blood pressure, fingerstick, blood draw, etc.
- Knowledge of various health topics needed for patient education
- Must possess ability to act as a team player and handle fast-paced work environment
- Exercises independent judgement and initiative when performing duties. Must be strongly motivated for community outreach in working with people
- Must possess personal commitment to healthy behaviors and a healthy lifestyle
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country.
Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!