- JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE
- The Registered Nurse (RN) is accountable for utilizing the nursing process to provide safe, age-appropriate, direct and indirect patient care, while practicing within the scope of practice of the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
- DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
- The Operating Room of Surgery provides intraoperative care to surgical and procedural sedation patients. We provide service for the patient population of pediatrics, adolescents, adult and elderly patients. We work with a variety of provider specialties in caring for people going home that day or are being admitted to the hospital.
- Current unencumbered Oregon RN license required.
- Healthcare Provider Level BLS required.
- GSR Surgery Main OR:
- Experience in OR, Med Surg and/or ICU required.
- Social Perceptiveness: Ability to work with a diverse population from pediatrics to geriatrics. Basic understanding of age-related differences in caring for and/or communicating with patients and caregivers. Possess personal sensitivity to the needs and experiences of others and a non-judgmental attitude towards persons of differing standards, values, lifestyles, and ages.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Ability to respond quickly and appropriately to situations that may arise with high risk or diverse patient populations. Ability to adjust actions in relation to others and adapt to offer best possible care to patients.
- Time Management: Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work to complete within required time frames and to follow-up on pending issues. Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in dynamic fast-paced environments and under pressure.
- Communication: Effective written and oral communication skills to explain complex issues, exchange information between team members, and tactfully discuss issues.
- Compliance: Ability to evaluate information to determine compliance with laws, regulations, or standards. Use knowledge and judgment skills to determine whether events or processes comply.
- Problem Solving: Ability to identify complex problems, review related information, employ creativity and alternative thinking to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Team Building: Ability to work, function and communicate on a multi-disciplinary team. Possess the knowledge and skills to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- GSR Surgery Main OR - General OR Nurse: Knowledge of proper decontamination, washing, sorting and reassembling of instructions. Knowledge of proper use of all equipment utilized in the operating room required.
- GSR Surgery Main OR - Scrubbing OR Nurse: Knowledge of proper aseptic technique while performing role of scrub nurse. Knowledge of surgeon needs and techniques for procedures. Knowledge of basic instrumentation for specialty areas including general, eyes, ENT, ortho, OB/GYN, urology, vascular, plastic and laparoscopic procedures (and cardiac if appropriate). Knowledge of suture types, sizes, applications and needle types, sizes and applications. Knowledge of endoscopic and open staple products, sizes applications. Knowledge of inplant materials and applications.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(1 - 10% of the time)
(11 - 33% of the time)
(34 - 66% of the time)
(67 – 100% of the time)
CLIMB - STAIRS
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 40 - 60 Lbs
SQUAT Static (hold >30 sec)
KNEEL (on knees)
ROTATE TRUNK Sitting – (Circulating RN)
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 20 - 40 Lbs
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Waist to Eye: up to 54") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Waist to Eye: up to 54") 20 – 40 Lbs
LIFT (Overhead: 54" and above) 0 - 20 Lbs
CARRY 1-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
CARRY 2-handed, 20 - 40 pounds
REACH - Upward
PUSH (20-40 pounds force)
PULL (20-40 pounds force)
STAND – (Circulating RN)
WALK - LEVEL SURFACE
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 0 - 20 Lbs
CARRY 2-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
BEND FORWARD at waist
ROTATE TRUNK Standing
REACH - Forward
MANUAL DEXTERITY Hands/wrists
PUSH (0-20 pounds force)
PULL (0-20 pounds force)
STAND - (Scrub RN)
ROTATE TRUNK Sitting – (Scrub RN)