- Position Summary
**LIMITED TERM EMPLOYEE (UP TO TWO (2) YEARS)TO HELP DURING COVID-19***
**THIS POSTING IS FOR VARIOUS CRITICAL CARE DEPARTMENTS AND MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO WORK VARYING SHIFTS***
GENEROUS BENEFITS PACKAGE!
Position Summary:Provides care to acutely and critically ill patients, in a highly technical and ongoing monitoring environment. These patients are facing life-threatening problems with varying needs, which require extensive medication protocols and therapies. Provides direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles.
- Job Requirement
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and one (1) year current (within the past five (5) years) critical care experience in a similar facility.
Current License by the Nevada State Board of Nursing to Practice as a Registered Nurse, Basic Life support (BLS) certification, and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (ACLS). Some positions may require one or more of the following: Trauma Nurse Core Certification (TNCC); Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS); Neonatal Resuscitation Protocol (NRP); additional Certification in the Specialty Area assigned.
- Additional and/or Preferred Position Requirements
- Two (2) years of critical care ICU experience in a similar facility.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Physical Requirements
Nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation and coordination of patient care); anatomy and physiology; standards of care; disease process; medical equipment; patient care plan development; patient evaluation and assessment techniques; body mechanics used with ambulating, transferring and repositioning patients; how to use general office equipment including, but not limited to: facsimiles, copiers, telephones and computers; pharmacology and medication administration; Nurse Practice Act; department and hospital safety practice and procedures; patient rights; age specific patient care practices; infection control policies and practices; handling, storage, use and disposal of hazardous materials; department and hospital emergency response policies and procedures.
Implementing nursing process including assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation; working with high risk or critically ill patients; performing invasive nursing procedures associated with area of specialty; using computers and related software applications; communicating with a wide variety of people from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all personnel contacted in the course of duties; efficient, effective and safe use of equipment.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Mobility to work in a typical clinical setting and use standard equipment, including stamina to remain standing and/or walk for extended periods of time, and strength to examine and treat varied patients, vision to read printed materials and a VDT screen, and hearing and speech to communicate effectively in person and over the telephone. Strength and agility to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this classification.
- University Medical Center of Southern Nevada offers a benefits package that leads the market and includes:
Length of ServiceRate of Accrual per 80 hours workedDays per year (based on 8-hour day)0 – 12 months0-90 days > 3.077 hours**Upon completion of the 90th day of employment, the employee's CAL bank will be credited with an additional 12 hours.91 days – 12 months > 5.2769 hours****Upon completion of the twelfth month of employment the employee's CAL bank will be credited with an additional 80 hours.27 days13 months – 48 months8.3077 hours27 days
- Employer Paid Pension Plan totaling 29.25% of your annual salary!
- Vestment in the pension plan after 5 years of qualifying employment!
- Consolidated Annual Leave (CAL) - CAL is used for personal leave, holidays (eleven scheduled holidays per year), doctor appointments, vacation, and sick days up to 16 consecutive scheduled work hours (short term sick leave), etc. Eligible employees shall accrue CAL at the following rates. Part-time accrual is based on the number of paid benefit hours.
UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER OF SOUTHERN NEVADA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/ EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Credit Union Eligibility
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Comprehensive Group Health Insurance Plan
- Nevada has no State Income Tax
- No Social Security Deduction
- 01Have you documented a minimum of one (1) year recent (within the past 5 years) RN Critical Care experience in a similar facility?
02Have you completed a formal Critical Care Class?
03Please indicate all of the life support certifications you currently hold.
- AHA Healthcare Provider
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course
- Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum
- Advanced Burn Life Support
- Neonatal Resuscitation Protocol
Intensive / Critical Care Nurse