A CVOR Nurse evaluates and executes necessary health care for cardiovascular patients before, during, and after surgery. Cardiovascular Operating Room RN play an key role in supporting physicians during various types of procedures in the cardiovascular operating room.
As a CVOR RN your duties include:
- Ensuring a sterile and safe surgical environment for patients.
- Assessing patient’s condition.
- Implementing patient care plans.
- Helping doctors during procedures to make certain that medical devices are functioning properly.
- Overseeing the patient’s condition during and after the procedure.
- Educating the patient and their family about ongoing needs and care of the patient to make sure they recover quickly and do so comfortably.
One year of experience as a Cardiovascular Operating Room Registered Nurse within the past two years.
- Current RN License in good standing.
- Up to date Basic Life Support from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.