A Cardiovascular Operating Room Registered Nurse evaluates and executes necessary health care for patients before, during, and after surgery. Cardiovascular Operating Room Registered Nurse play an important role in assisting physicians during varying types of procedures in the cardiovascular operating room.
As a CVOR RN your duties include:
- Creating a sterile and safe surgical environment for patients.
- Assessing patient’s condition.
- Implementing patient care plans.
- Assisting doctors during procedures to make certain that medical equipment are functioning correctly.
- Monitoring the patient’s condition during and after the procedure.
- Informing the patient and their family members about ongoing needs and care of the patient to ensure they quickly recover and do so comfortably.
One year of experience as a CVOR RN within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Current BLS through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.