At the Everett Clinic, a DaVita Medical Group, our purpose is simple - do the right thing - for our patients and each other. The philosophy allows us to recruit the best talent and enjoy a reputation as one of the most innovative and high-quality healthcare providers in the country.
Some say we are a medical group, but we like to think we're a large family. Our team cares about our patients and each other. We offer the best in quality care, advanced technologies and quality facilities.
Our Core Values:
- We do what is right for each patient.
- We provide an enriching and supportive workplace.
- Our team focuses on value: service, quality & cost.
The Everett Clinic offers competitive salary, excellent benefits including a retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, health insurance, flexible work schedules and professional growth opportunities. Work with the best. Join our Team.
At the Everett Clinic, we are committed to excellence in diabetes care. Our Diabetes Education program has a team of highly trained CDEs (both RN and RDs). The person in this position, as part of this Diabetes Education team, will work closely with five Endocrinology providers, as well as, support our Primary Care providers. Primary responsibilities include diabetes device management for insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitors. Work will include teaching both in class and individually, and from basic education to advanced management following our insulin protocol. Join us to be part of a team that is in the process of developing a diabetes center of excellence over the next three years.
Overview: Under general supervision, coordinates direct and indirect patient care activities, providing necessary support to the physician and colleagues within established guidelines. Provides quality patient care by assuring a smooth work and patient flow within the department. Interacts with physicians, patients, families, other staff, and ancillary services in a caring, respectful, and professional manner. Provides individualized diabetes self-management education/ training to individuals and groups according to the Scope of Practice, Standards of Practice, and Standards of Professional performance for Diabetes Educators.
Schedule: Flexibility for 30 - 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
The first two weeks of training require full time Monday thru Friday, 8am - 5pm. This is not optional. Please ensure you available to attend training before applying to this position.
- Evaluates patient care needs. Suggests solutions to patient care problems & complaints
- Identifies & recommends solutions to departmental problems
- Assists in assessing departmental function and productivity & recommends changes as necessary
- Delivers comprehensive care using the nursing process; collects subjective and objective data, makes nursing assessments and intervenes on behalf of the diabetic patient.
- Provides individualized diabetes self-management education/ training including training on insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitors to individuals and groups according to the Scope of Practice, Standards of Practice, and Standards of Professional performance for Diabetes Educators.
PLANNING & IMPLEMENTATION:
- Care Coordination: (Across the continuum of care). Responsible for patient case management. Coordinates nursing and patient care activities within the department and with other clinical departments in order to provide efficient comprehensive & cost effective patient care. This includes working with reception staff to ensure appropriate patient bookings and appointment triage.
- Demonstrates ability to carry out skills as outlined in nursing procedures for clinical areas worked including administration of prescribed medications & treatments in accordance with nursing standards and clinic policy. Procedures specifically include but are not limited to:
- Telephone triage/consultation with patients
- nursing procedures in the ambulatory care setting
- Nurse managed care or program coordination.
- Patient/Family education
- Provides feedback to colleagues & participates in peer review as necessary
- Demonstrates ability to perform self-evaluation, taking responsibility for own professional growth and development.
- Participates in departmental quality improvement programs
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions/actions in relation to expected patient outcomes/goals
- Utilizes effective communication strategies in inter-personal relationships with patients, families, physicians, and other health care providers.
- Demonstrates effective/informative charting & written communication.
- Documents patient information in the electronic health record (EPIC) following standard work guidelines
- Communicates problems and concerns to department supervisor as necessary.
- Delegates duties according to patient acuity and the ability of the individual staff member.
- Promotes positive, constructive approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrates accountability/responsibility for own actions and decisions
- Maintains professional affiliations and continuing education.
- Recognizes and performs other duties which need to be performed although not directly assigned.
- Assists in orientation and education of other clinic staff.
- Serves as a clinical resource
- Attends required meetings & participates in clinic committees
- Demonstrates ability to function effectively in emergency situations
- Assists in the development, revision, and/or updating of clinic policy and departmental procedure/standards of care or practice
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree in nursing.
- Certified diabetes educator, or who is eligible to become a certified diabetes educator within 6 months of hire.
Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of diabetic teaching experience.
- Current RN Washington State licensure required.
- Current BLS certification required.
- Certified diabetes educator, required within 6 months of hire.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Noted below are the essential responsibilities the job holder must be able to perform satisfactorily to do this job successfully. Note that these requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job
- Knowledge: Knowledge of professional theory and practice to give & evaluate patient care. In-depth knowledge about current diabetes treatment management. Knowledge and ability to teach and apply current theories, techniques and practice. Diabetes self-management education, including training on insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitors.
- Skills: Skill in applying & modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide on-going patient care. Critical thinking skills, ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures. Typing skills. Required computer skills include EHR (EPIC), Intranet, Plus, Outlook, and Lab and Radiology Information System.
- Abilities: Able to lead and effectively manage groups. Demonstrates an ability to communicate (verbal & written) and maintain good relationships with medical staff, management, customers, & other departments. Ability to communicate clearly.
DaVita Medical Group manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Washington. A leading independent medical group in America, DaVita Medical Group has over two decades of experience providing coordinated, outcomes-based medical care in a cost-effective manner. As of June 30, 2017, DaVita Medical Group’s teammates, employed clinicians and affiliated clinicians provided care for approximately 1.7 million patients. DaVita Medical Group’s leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.
DaVita Medical Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita Medical Group makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita Medical Group will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.